Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: 2009 Austin Cache Awards

  • Lisa Campbell
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
      Tygress wrote: "but I LIKE it. So am slowly infecting the language with it."
      There's a book about that. Frindle by Andrew Clements. Written for elementary-age kids, but I liked it.

      And nostrate? I like it, too! :)

      Lisa ~ BackroadsGal

      From: "Jim" <budlah@hotmail. com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:17:48 -0000

      "Nostrate,"
      my new favorite word of the week!

      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "gumbietygress@ ..." <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

      > The caches you loved. The logs that made you nostrate your java. The pictures that made you say, "Whoa! I have GOT to go there! Again!"
      > This year's Austin Geocaching Awards team is just about ready to open the floor for nominations for the Best of 2009.
      > Nominations will open May 1st (I'll post the url then). But, meanwhile, start thinking about the best of the best.
      > General rules:
      > 1> Eligible caches must be:
      > a) placed during 2009
      > b) within 50 miles of Austin
      > c) as always, there will be lots of categories: best cammo, best event, best use of humor, best series, best puzzle, best earthcache.. . and, for nominations, you'll have the opportunity to nominated more than one cache in a category. So you don't need to spike your blood pressure JUST yet. (bwahaha!)
      > 2> Eligible logs & photos must have been written/taken in 2009; the age of the cache doesn't matter.
      >
      > More detailed rules when we go live. Meanwhile, browse through your 2009 adventures and start thinking about the Best of the Best!!!!
      > [Note: caches must be Austin metro, but even you out-of-metro, Austin Cachers by Affection (should I have spelled that Addiction?) are welcome to join the nominating party.]
      > Again, nominations will open May 1.
      > Cache on!
      > BarbJ/Tygress
      > Official Spokesperson and Ammocan Banger for the
      > 2009 Austin Geocaching Awards Team
      >
      > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ _________ ___
      > Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
      > http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL3141/ 4bd8255153b85248 e48st01vuc

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
         http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CentralTex asGeocachers/ join
         (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
         CentralTexasGeocach ers-digest@ yahoogroups. com
         CentralTexasGeocach ers-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

         http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

      Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
      AwesomePennyStocks. com

      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
        FIRST -- CONGRATULATIONS to all the Winners! You're what keeps the dash in caching!

        Now. After two days of furious note logging (I am THE TYGRESS; I have a REPUTATION to maintain), I do believe all the Nominees and Winners now have their icons.
        Arnaud/Soaringeagle has a book mark that he mentioned.... for you to check my work.
        If you did NOT get your icon, please drop me an email and I'll resend.

        Excuse me if I blather -- I think I blew a verse gasket.

        BarbJ/Tygress

        Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
        SeeRefinanceRates.com