WWFM VII - Saturday, May 15th

  • penguin5374
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2010
      Greetings!
      I'm looking to gauge interest in a World Wide Flash Mob event to be held on Saturday, May 15th in either the Killeen or Copperas Cove area. I know that SDAJumpmaster used to host these on occasion, but I'm not sure if he'll be in town that day. I see that the 15th is a scant two weeks away so an event listing would have to post sooner than later. I think the start time is typically either 10am or noon. Can't remember off the top of my noggin. I'd be open to suggestions for themes, activities, meeting places, etc. Will appreciate any and all input.

      Have a great day and happy caching!
      Mark
      (BewareOfPenguin)
    • tnk120499@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2010
        Kim and I are in!
      • electric_water_boy
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2010
          Central Standard Time is supposed to be at Noon. Regardless, that's when the one in San Antonio is happening.

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "penguin5374" <bewareofpenguin@...> wrote:

          > Greetings!
          > I'm looking to gauge interest in a World Wide Flash Mob event to be held on Saturday, May 15th in either the Killeen or Copperas Cove area. I know that SDAJumpmaster used to host these on occasion, but I'm not sure if he'll be in town that day. I see that the 15th is a scant two weeks away so an event listing would have to post sooner than later. I think the start time is typically either 10am or noon. Can't remember off the top of my noggin. I'd be open to suggestions for themes, activities, meeting places, etc. Will appreciate any and all input.
          >
          > Have a great day and happy caching!
          > Mark
          > (BewareOfPenguin)

        • Dave Marquardt
          Message 4 of 6 , May 2 7:53 AM
            So we're in Central DAYLIGHT Time now, so do you mean noon CDT or noon CST?

            On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:49 PM, electric_water_boy <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

            Central Standard Time is supposed to be at Noon. Regardless, that's when the one in San Antonio is happening.

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "penguin5374" <bewareofpenguin@...> wrote:

            > Greetings!
            > I'm looking to gauge interest in a World Wide Flash Mob event to be held on Saturday, May 15th in either the Killeen or Copperas Cove area. I know that SDAJumpmaster used to host these on occasion, but I'm not sure if he'll be in town that day. I see that the 15th is a scant two weeks away so an event listing would have to post sooner than later. I think the start time is typically either 10am or noon. Can't remember off the top of my noggin. I'd be open to suggestions for themes, activities, meeting places, etc. Will appreciate any and all input.
            >
            > Have a great day and happy caching!
            > Mark
            > (BewareOfPenguin)

          • electric_water_boy
            Message 5 of 6 , May 3 5:31 AM
              Mine is at Noon whatever time frame we're in that day. It's a suggested time that Podcacher.com puts out, not a major requirement. Some parts of the world say the heck with the time because for them it's the wee hours of the morning (however, some stick to it for that very reason).

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Dave Marquardt <dave.marquardt.tx@...> wrote:

              > So we're in Central *DAYLIGHT* Time now, so do you mean noon CDT or noon
              > CST?
              >
              > On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 2:49 PM, electric_water_boy <
              > electric_water_boy@...> wrote:
              >

              > > Central Standard Time is supposed to be at Noon. Regardless, that's when
              > > the one in San Antonio is happening.
              > >

              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com<CentralTexasGeocachers%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > > "penguin5374" <bewareofpenguin@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Greetings!
              > > > I'm looking to gauge interest in a World Wide Flash Mob event to be held
              > > on Saturday, May 15th in either the Killeen or Copperas Cove area. I know
              > > that SDAJumpmaster used to host these on occasion, but I'm not sure if he'll
              > > be in town that day. I see that the 15th is a scant two weeks away so an
              > > event listing would have to post sooner than later. I think the start time
              > > is typically either 10am or noon. Can't remember off the top of my noggin.
              > > I'd be open to suggestions for themes, activities, meeting places, etc. Will
              > > appreciate any and all input.
              > > >
              > > > Have a great day and happy caching!
              > > > Mark
              > > > (BewareOfPenguin)

            • Mark Benson
              Message 6 of 6 , May 3 9:37 AM
                Mine is at Noon whatever time frame we're in that day. It's a suggested time that Podcacher.com puts out, not a major requirement. Some parts of the world say the heck with the time because for them it's the wee hours of the morning (however, some stick to it for that very reason).

                Thanks for the input!  It had been a few moons since I had attended one, so I forgot what the time they kicked off.  I think the confusion stemmed from the fact that if it's noon here, it's 10am in Podcacher land.

                Yeah, I think that some countries stick to oddball hours because having it at an oddball time adds to the wacky environment that many flash mobs already possess.

                Mark
                (BoP)