The Challenge is back!

  • banda_geocacher
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 28, 2010
      The new Texas State Park Geo-Challenges start this Saturday!
      But this time they will be a bit farther from home, and the geo-coin prizes are limited to the first 25 to complete the challenges. But it should still be lots of fun, just like the first one was!

      More info here:

      http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/geocaching/

      Brent (BandA)
    • bananapoo@stxga.com
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 28, 2010
        Too bad it wasn't planned well, and starts when sooooo many geocachers will be at the various 10 Years! Events. I feel it would be distasteful to do the challenge instead of attending a 10 Years! Event. Besides, special once in a lifetime icon vs chance at a coin. Hrmm....

        I still can't wait to do the challenge. ItsLoveInStereo and I are starting with the DFW challenge first! The next weekend...

        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

        From: "banda_geocacher" <banda@...>
        Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 05:26:28 -0000
        To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] The Challenge is back!

        The new Texas State Park Geo-Challenges start this Saturday!
        But this time they will be a bit farther from home, and the geo-coin prizes are limited to the first 25 to complete the challenges. But it should still be lots of fun, just like the first one was!

        More info here:

        http://www.tpwd. state.tx. us/geocaching/

        Brent (BandA)

      • electric_water_boy
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
          Who says you can't do both? OK, WE can't because YOU planned a zillion events over the ENTIRE weekend, while those people around DFW and Houston don't have squat so THEY can go get those 25 coins.

          It was planned well to get the DFW and Houston people out and about, and I'm sure they will be. It's going to do exactly what it was supposed to do. We had ours, and it worked well. Let them have theirs. Now shut up about and let's go fish. If you whine about this while we're fishing so help me I'll send you swimming with the fishes!

        • bananapoo@stxga.com
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
            It want just me. I only planned 5 of them. The rest of the 8 are by other people, and two of my 5 are collaborated with someone else. Really, I only did 3.

            I just hope the DFW cachers leave me and Sarah one of those 25 coins. If not, then at least I get to go to some new state parks!

            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

            From: "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...>
            Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:22:40 -0000
            To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: The Challenge is back!

            Who says you can't do both? OK, WE can't because YOU planned a zillion events over the ENTIRE weekend, while those people around DFW and Houston don't have squat so THEY can go get those 25 coins.

            It was planned well to get the DFW and Houston people out and about, and I'm sure they will be. It's going to do exactly what it was supposed to do. We had ours, and it worked well. Let them have theirs. Now shut up about and let's go fish. If you whine about this while we're fishing so help me I'll send you swimming with the fishes!

            --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, bananapoo@.. . wrote:

            > Too bad it wasn't planned well, and starts when sooooo many geocachers will be at the various 10 Years! Events. I feel it would be distasteful to do the challenge instead of attending a 10 Years! Event. Besides, special once in a lifetime icon vs chance at a coin. Hrmm....
            >
            > I still can't wait to do the challenge. ItsLoveInStereo and I are starting with the DFW challenge first! The next weekend...
            > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          • electric_water_boy
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
              Yeah, but you started this mess. You could have done Flash Mobs in every one of those parks, and then it would be like going to the grocery store on a Tuesday and getting double your coupon. But NO, you had us drive way down to the coast where we're going to get burnt to crisp, sucked dry by mosquitos, blown and eroded away by the wind and sand, and get sand in every orifice and crevice we have. I think I'm going to throw you to the fishes just for that. Be prepared to swim with the mullet, and I don't mean your hair.

            • bananapoo@stxga.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
                You sound like you aren't going to have fun fishing and fishing and fishing. And you shouldn't get burnt to a crisp if you reference the hint on the 10 Years! Port Aransas event page...

                The mosquitos shouldn't be bad, if they are even present. I was down there a few weeks ago and never even saw a mosquito.

                And what you do with you orifices is your business, not anyone elses.

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...>
                Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:38:00 -0000
                To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>

                Yeah, but you started this mess. You could have done Flash Mobs in every one of those parks, and then it would be like going to the grocery store on a Tuesday and getting double your coupon. But NO, you had us drive way down to the coast where we're going to get burnt to crisp, sucked dry by mosquitos, blown and eroded away by the wind and sand, and get sand in every orifice and crevice we have. I think I'm going to throw you to the fishes just for that. Be prepared to swim with the mullet, and I don't mean your hair.

                --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, bananapoo@.. . wrote:

                > It want just me. I only planned 5 of them. The rest of the 8 are by other people, and two of my 5 are collaborated with someone else. Really, I only did 3.
                >
                > I just hope the DFW cachers leave me and Sarah one of those 25 coins. If not, then at least I get to go to some new state parks!
                >
                > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              • electric_water_boy
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
                  I'm going to have fun popping you in the back of the head with a 2 oz weight when you start whining.

                  And WHO in our group from this past weekend got eaten by mosquitos? Oh, that was YOU! Take a bath in industrial strength DEET, coat your self with a nice Sherwin Williams latex (for sun and wind protection), and wrap your head with a couple rolls of ducktape so we don't have to hear you whining about the TPWD Challenge.

                  Just in case innocent bystanders are watching all this and thinking "Those two are going to go all it like (fill in your own stuff here)!" need to know that we're about as serious as the IRS sending you letter telling you they love your penmanship on your tax forms so they're going to give you an extra $1,000 back. Then again...

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, bananapoo@... wrote:

                  > You sound like you aren't going to have fun fishing and fishing and fishing. And you shouldn't get burnt to a crisp if you reference the hint on the 10 Years! Port Aransas event page...
                  >
                  > The mosquitos shouldn't be bad, if they are even present. I was down there a few weeks ago and never even saw a mosquito.
                  >
                  > And what you do with you orifices is your business, not anyone elses.
                  >
                  > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                • Hilton
                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010

                    But what about the Chinese pancakes?  Am I missing something here?

                    class=SpellE>electric_water_boy@...>
                    > Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 14:38:00
                    > To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
                    > Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: The Challenge is back!
                    >
                    > Yeah, but you started this mess. You could have done Flash Mobs in every
                    one of those parks, and then it would be like going to the grocery store on a Tuesday and getting double your coupon. But NO, you had us drive way down to the coast where we're going to get burnt to crisp, sucked dry by mosquitos, blown and eroded away by the wind and sand, and get sand in every orifice and crevice we have. I think I'm going to throw you to the fishes just for that. Be prepared to swim with the mullet, and I don't mean your hair.

                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com,
                    bananapoo@ wrote:

                    > > It want just me. I only planned 5 of them. The rest of the 8 are by
                    other people, and two of my 5 are collaborated with someone else. Really, I only did 3.

                    > > I just hope the DFW cachers leave me and
                    Sarah one of those 25 coins. If not, then at least I get to go to some new state parks!

                    > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    class=SpellE>sooooo many geocachers will be at the various 10 Years! Events. I feel it would be distasteful to do the challenge instead of attending a 10 Years! Event. Besides, special once in a lifetime icon vs chance at a coin. Hrmm....

                    class=SpellE>banda@>

                  • bananapoo@stxga.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
                      What chinese pancakes? Whaaaaaaa?

                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                      From: "Hilton" <Hilton@...>
                      Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:36:06 -0500
                      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>

                    • xdeaf4lifex@att.blackberry.net
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
                        Well have you hear about turkey ice cream then I never heard about chinese pancake

                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        From: bananapoo@...
                        Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:38:03 +0000
                        To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>

                        From: "Hilton" <Hilton@jean- ealogy.com>
                        Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:36:06 -0500
                        To: <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>

                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 29, 2010
                          If we have one in texas every kids will want turkey ice cream over american ice cream :) trust me :)

                          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                          From: xdeaf4lifex@...
                          Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:39:22 +0000
                          To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>

                          From: bananapoo@stxga. com
                          Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:38:03 +0000
                          To: <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>

                          From: "Hilton" <Hilton@jean- ealogy.com>
                          Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:36:06 -0500
                          To: <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>

                          Message 12 of 12 , Apr 30, 2010

                            And it ain't even high summer yet.

                            Tygress

                            I'm going to have fun popping you in the back of the head with a 2 oz weight when you start whining.

                            And WHO in our group from this past weekend got eaten by mosquitos?  Oh, that was YOU!  Take a bath in industrial strength DEET, coat your self with a nice Sherwin Williams latex (for sun and wind protection), and wrap your head with a couple rolls of ducktape so we don't have to hear you whining about the TPWD Challenge.

                            Just in case innocent bystanders are watching all this and thinking "Those two are going to go all it like (fill in your own stuff here)!" need to know that we're about as serious as the IRS sending you letter telling you they love your penmanship on your tax forms so they're going to give you an extra $1,000 back.  Then again...

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, bananapoo@... wrote:

                            > You sound like you aren't going to have fun fishing and fishing and fishing.  And you shouldn't get burnt to a crisp if you reference the hint on the 10 Years! Port Aransas event page...
                            >
                            > The mosquitos shouldn't be bad, if they are even present.  I was down there a few weeks ago and never even saw a mosquito.
                            >
                            > And what you do with you orifices is your business, not anyone elses.
                            >
                            > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            <*> Your email settings:
                               Individual Email | Traditional

                            <*> To change settings online go to: