2009 Austin Cache Awards

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 28, 2010

      The caches you loved. The logs that made you nostrate your java. The pictures that made you say, "Whoa! I have GOT to go there! Again!"

      This year's Austin Geocaching Awards team is just about ready to open the floor for nominations for the Best of 2009.

      Nominations will open May 1st (I'll post the url then). But, meanwhile, start thinking about the best of the best.

      General rules:

      1> Eligible caches must be:

      a) placed during 2009

      b) within 50 miles of Austin

      c) as always, there will be lots of categories: best cammo, best event, best use of humor, best series, best puzzle, best earthcache... and, for nominations, you'll have the opportunity to nominated more than one cache in a category. So you don't need to spike your blood pressure JUST yet. (bwahaha!)

      2> Eligible logs & photos must have been written/taken in 2009; the age of the cache doesn't matter.

      More detailed rules when we go live. Meanwhile, browse through your 2009 adventures and start thinking about the Best of the Best!!!!

      [Note: caches must be Austin metro, but even you out-of-metro, Austin Cachers by Affection (should I have spelled that Addiction?) are welcome to join the nominating party.]

      Again, nominations will open May 1.

      Cache on!

      BarbJ/Tygress
      Official Spokesperson and Ammocan Banger for the
      2009 Austin Geocaching Awards Team

      Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
      AwesomePennyStocks.com
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 29, 2010
        "Nostrate,"
        my new favorite word of the week!

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010

          It's an invented word by one of my son's buddies -- but I LIKE it. So am slowly infecting the language with it. =g=

          new vocabulary... is a lot of fun, Tygress

          > The caches you loved. The logs that made you nostrate your java. The pictures that made you say, "Whoa! I have GOT to go there! Again!"
          > This year's Austin Geocaching Awards team is just about ready to open the floor for nominations for the Best of 2009.
          > Nominations will open May 1st (I'll post the url then). But, meanwhile, start thinking about the best of the best.
          > General rules:
          > 1> Eligible caches must be:
          > a) placed during 2009
          > b) within 50 miles of Austin
          > c) as always, there will be lots of categories: best cammo, best event, best use of humor, best series, best puzzle, best earthcache... and, for nominations, you'll have the opportunity to nominated more than one cache in a category. So you don't need to spike your blood pressure JUST yet. (bwahaha!)
          > 2> Eligible logs & photos must have been written/taken in 2009; the age of the cache doesn't matter.
          >
          > More detailed rules when we go live. Meanwhile, browse through your 2009 adventures and start thinking about the Best of the Best!!!!
          > [Note: caches must be Austin metro, but even you out-of-metro, Austin Cachers by Affection (should I have spelled that Addiction?) are welcome to join the nominating party.]
          > Again, nominations will open May 1.
          > Cache on!
          > BarbJ/Tygress
          > Official Spokesperson and Ammocan Banger for the
          > 2009 Austin Geocaching Awards Team

          > Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
          > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4bd8255153b85248e48st01vuc

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
          AwesomePennyStocks.com
        • Lisa Campbell
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 30, 2010
            Tygress wrote: "but I LIKE it. So am slowly infecting the language with it."
            There's a book about that. Frindle by Andrew Clements. Written for elementary-age kids, but I liked it.

            And nostrate? I like it, too! :)

            Lisa ~ BackroadsGal

               http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CentralTex asGeocachers/ join
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               CentralTexasGeocach ers-digest@ yahoogroups. com
               CentralTexasGeocach ers-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

               http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
            AwesomePennyStocks. com

            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 4, 2010
              FIRST -- CONGRATULATIONS to all the Winners! You're what keeps the dash in caching!

              Now. After two days of furious note logging (I am THE TYGRESS; I have a REPUTATION to maintain), I do believe all the Nominees and Winners now have their icons.
              Arnaud/Soaringeagle has a book mark that he mentioned.... for you to check my work.
              If you did NOT get your icon, please drop me an email and I'll resend.

              Excuse me if I blather -- I think I blew a verse gasket.

              BarbJ/Tygress

              Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
              SeeRefinanceRates.com