Event Reminder

  • bigguy9211116
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 27, 2010
      Howdy All!

      Just a reminder for anyone that can't get away for the weekend and still wants to get to one of the 10 Years! celebrations. There will be one (almost) in Austin. It is GC25HJH, hosted by me.

      It will be at the El Taquito Mexican Restaurant at the NE corner of I35 and 45 (130 Louis Henna Blvd.). The fun starts at 2p.m. and goes on as long as you care to stay!

      Since it is so close to Cinco De Mayo, the unofficial theme is Mexican, so come dressed in your brightest clothes and get ready to shake your maracas! Not really.

      There will be some door prizes given away and a group picture will be taken to post and send to GroundSpeak.

      Hope to see you there!
      Esther
      aka Bigguy In Texas
    • shawnolsen@aol.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 29, 2010
            I'm traveling to Atlanta this weekend, so I cannot make Smithville or Killeen.

            Thus I'm
            1) going to excuse myself from my conference & try to catch the photo-op at an event in Atlanta Saturday;
            2) am glad this event is on Sunday, and am attempting to get back, weather permitting, in time for the 'Austin' photo-op;
            3) wish there were an event on the 3rd. Considered creating one for those who, like me, have a crunch on this one weekend, but had that idea far too late to get published.

            All this for a smiley...

            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 30, 2010

              But think of all those new friends you'll meet!

              BarbJ/Tygress

              I'm traveling to Atlanta this weekend, so I cannot make Smithville or Killeen.

              Thus I'm
              1) going to excuse myself from my conference & try to catch the photo-op at an event in Atlanta Saturday;
              2) am glad this event is on Sunday, and am attempting to get back, weather permitting, in time for the 'Austin' photo-op;
              3) wish there were an event on the 3rd.  Considered creating one for those who, like me, have a crunch on this one weekend, but had that idea far too late to get published.

              All this for a smiley...

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bigguy9211116" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

              > Howdy All!
              >
              > Just a reminder for anyone that can't get away for the weekend and still wants to get to one of the 10 Years! celebrations. There will be one (almost) in Austin. It is GC25HJH, hosted by me.
              >
              > It will be at the El Taquito Mexican Restaurant at the NE corner of I35 and 45 (130 Louis Henna Blvd.). The fun starts at 2p.m. and goes on as long as you care to stay!
              >
              > Since it is so close to Cinco De Mayo, the unofficial theme is Mexican, so come dressed in your brightest clothes and get ready to shake your maracas! Not really.
              >
              > There will be some door prizes given away and a group picture will be taken to post and send to GroundSpeak.
              >
              > Hope to see you there!
              > Esther
              > aka Bigguy In Texas

              <*> Your email settings:
                 Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                 (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:

              Penny Stock Jumping 2000%
              AwesomePennyStocks.com
            • semperquestio
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 5, 2012
                Hi y'all!

                I just wanted to get a reminder out for my event this Sunday - The Central Texas GPS Open III - http://coord.info/GC3TWRB

                We are doing a couple of things a little differently this time and we are adding the Lame Micro Toss Tournaemt to the first 16 folks that sign up. Also, those good folks at the Good Luck Grill has added some stuff to the back yard for the kids.

                Come on out for some fun and enjoy the Good Luck Grill's great food!

                Hope to see y'all there!

                SQ and the GPS Open Crew
              • semperquestio
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 8, 2013
                  Just a little reminder that the 4th Central Texas GPS Open is Sunday at The Good Luck Grill.  It starts at 11:30.  In addition to the familiar games we are experimenting with something new called "The Evil Hide Challenge".  We also expanded the Lame Micro Toss Tournament from 16 to 32 participants.

                  So come on out to the GLG and have some fun, some good food, and LOTS of good folks to socialize with.

                  Hope to see y'all there!

                  SQ
                • Shawn Olsen