Re: Looking for particularly scenic/interesting looking caches ~Wharton county

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2010
      Darn, I wish I would have seen this sooner.

      Dave, it's probably too late - I just saw this - you're probably already out on or done with the trail. In the event that you see this in time, try GCN5X3 "Near The Forgotten." This one was memorable for us for multiple reasons. It is a bit further north (past Wharton, between Hungerford and Kendleton) but it's a nice (and often quiet) park and if you are already planning to go to New Gulf then this might not be too far out of the way. Seldom logged. Recommended.

      My folks live in Wharton and this multi was one of the very first smileys we ever collected. If you are cruising down Hwy 59 to get to/from there, catch GC1KHZD "Hinze's" along the way (and then after signing the log, follow your nose). Nothing special, just a roadside P-n-G, but it happens to be owned by family (TheSquad) and very popular among the hungry... (you'll see what I mean). Makes my mouth water now just thinking about it...

      Jim/JforceAtx