Re: Geocaching.com Problems

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 3 6:51 AM
      Eloquently put!
      "BAD words erupt."

      Foil me once, shame on the machine. Foil me 5 more times, learn a new method.

      If my log turns into something slightly longer than "TFTC" -- which is often, I've --twitch-- developed the --twitch-- habit of composing outside (read: email drafts folder) and CopyPaste-ing into the log.

      Less loss that way... & fewer BAD words.
      Jim/JforceAtx

      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 3 7:10 AM

        aye yup.... though I may go back to Google Chrome (had an OS upgrade, and have to be in 'the mood' to reinstall stuff) ... which, not only was/is faster, but cached page content. So poof wasn't gone forever. A new wireless antenna improved things, too.... my personal EM field seems to mess with wireless. =shrug=

        =smile=

        Keep on loggin' those longer logs!!!!!

        They don't have to be fancy (or versified, for that matter) to be entertaining.

        BarbJ "advocate for actual log content" Tygress

        Foil me once, shame on the machine. Foil me 5 more times, learn a new method.

        If my log turns into something slightly longer than "TFTC" -- which is often, I've --twitch-- developed the --twitch-- habit of composing outside (read: email drafts folder) and CopyPaste-ing into the log.

        Less loss that way... & fewer BAD words.
        Jim/JforceAtx

        > Try entering a really nice log and having the system pull something like that... IE doesn't cache page contents. BAD words erupt. [I suggest you do your writeups outside Big Green/IE so they don't go poof while this current indigestion is going on.]
        > Anyway. Seriously. I feel your pain. I've noted for some months that Big Green has a short time-out/hang-up ... but sounds like a real glitch is going.
        > BarbJ "computers aren't always our friends" Tygress
        >
        > From: "Hilton" <Hilton@...>
        > To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
        > Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Geocaching.com Problems
        > Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:22:34 -0500
        >

        > Ohhhh them's fighting words!  Try uploading 107 new caches and having to log in all the time…. NO!!!!!!! Help me……
        >

        > Hilton, Jeanne and John
        >             TheFoods
        >
        >       We're Crabby

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
           (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:

        Refi - Low as 3.32% APR
        Homeowners: Refi before rates rise. $300k for $1,306/mo. No SSN req'd
        QuickMatch.LendingTree.com
      • Jay Bingham
        Message 3 of 17 , Apr 3 8:30 AM

          I second that notion.

          I enjoy readin’ the logs with actual content, so, though I can’t versify like Barb can, I try to put something worth sayin’ in my logs as well.

          Although if everyone did it, it would not be that special would it.

           ^

          \|/ Jay / BingOGT

          -+- Georgetown , TX USA

          /|\ “What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.”

          --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "gumbietygress@ ..." <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

          > Try entering a really nice log and having the system pull something like
          that... IE doesn't cache page contents. BAD words erupt. [I suggest you do your writeups outside Big Green/IE so they don't go poof while this current indigestion is going on.]
          > Anyway. Seriously. I feel your pain. I've noted for some months that Big
          Green has a short time-out/hang- up ... but sounds like a real glitch is going.
          > BarbJ "computers aren't always our friends" Tygress
          >
          > From: "Hilton" <Hilton@...>
          > To: <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>
          > Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocac hers] Geocaching.com Problems
          > Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:22:34 -0500
          >

          > Ohhhh them's fighting words!  Try uploading 107 new caches and having
          to log in all the time…. NO!!!!!!! Help me……

          > Hilton, Jeanne and John

                      TheFoods

             http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CentralTex asGeocachers/ join

             CentralTexasGeocach ers-digest@ yahoogroups. com
             CentralTexasGeocach ers-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

             http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          Message 4 of 17 , Apr 3 10:36 AM

            *I* am willing to take that chance.... =grins=

            BarbJ "loggin' loggin' loggin', get those finders loggin'" Tygress

            Foil me once, shame on the machine. Foil me 5 more times, learn a new method.

            If my log turns into something slightly longer than "TFTC" -- which is often, I've --twitch-- developed the --twitch-- habit of composing outside (read: email drafts folder) and CopyPaste-ing into the log.

            Less loss that way... & fewer BAD words.
            Jim/JforceAtx

            --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "gumbietygress@ ..." <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

            > Try entering a really nice log and having the system pull something like that... IE doesn't cache page contents. BAD words erupt. [I suggest you do your writeups outside Big Green/IE so they don't go poof while this current indigestion is going on.]
            > Anyway. Seriously. I feel your pain. I've noted for some months that Big Green has a short time-out/hang- up ... but sounds like a real glitch is going.
            > BarbJ "computers aren't always our friends" Tygress
            >
            > From: "Hilton" <Hilton@...>
            > To: <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>
            > Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocac hers] Geocaching.com Problems
            > Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:22:34 -0500
            >

            > Ohhhh them's fighting words!  Try uploading 107 new caches and having to log in all the time…. NO!!!!!!! Help me……
            >

            > Hilton, Jeanne and John
            >             TheFoods
            >
            >       We're Crabby

            Penny Stock Jumping 2000%