The Joy of Geocaching!

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010

      Hey Gang!

      A new book about geocaching just hit Amazon.com.   It’s called The Joy of Geocaching, and it features many of our very own Central Texas Geocachers!  The Outlaw, Moosiegirl, TreyB, HiDude_98, Deafdillos and yours truly and there may be others!  The authors, Paul and Dana, made a trip to Austin and San Antonio about 18 months ago to check out the caching scene here, and had a great time.  The book finally hit the bookstores just recently.

      Even though I’m in it, and I’m FASCINATING (LOL!), I wasn’t sure a book about geocaching would hold my interest.  Seriously, we tromp around in the thorns looking for mildewey tupperware while pretending to be married to fictional TV characters, right?  But this book is really fun to read!  It’s got great stories and cool tips and is written in a really neat style.   It’s really fun to recognize the people you’re reading about.

      Paul and Dana minted limited edition geocoins to publicize the book and gave me two, one to keep and one to use in any way I wanted to promote the book.  Since the other people who also hold the coins live in Austin, I think I’m going to take this one down to my soon-to-be new home, San Antonio and share  the love down there.  I’m not quite sure how it will go down, but look for an event some time (but don’t hold your breath, because my life is crazy right now.)

      I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend with lots of geocaching!

      Cheers,