Brushy Creek caches

  • Travis Parker
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2010
      Kim and I are going to ride the Brushy Creek Trail and cache along it.  Is there anything we should know before riding it?  Anyone that would like to do lunch or dinner, let me know.  We'll figure something out.

      Travis N Kim
      EngineerSFC & Haliades

    • Lisa Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2010
        The Brushy Creek Regional Trail is awesome! We've ridden it many times, as it is right behind our neighborhood. The trail is comprised of both paved areas and pea gravel, mostly gentle terrain, with a steep area near the dam, and a few ups and downs elsewhere. There are other trails that lead off the main trail, and many of these also have caches along them.

        I recommend parking at the Brushy Creek Lake park (corner of FM 734/Parmer and CR 174/Brushy Creek Rd), which is close to the center of the trail as it is at this time. There are plans to extend the trail in the future.

        Consider bringing your kayaks. Work out your arms, as well as your legs! There are 5 caches on Brushy Creek Lake accessible by kayak. For those who don't own kayaks, there is a rental place by the lake.

        Have fun, and give us a call while you're in town! We're available for hints, too, if needed. :)

        Lisa ~ BackroadsGal

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
          I guess a good question is when? <G>

          Best,

          Russ the waterweasel

        • tnk120499@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 1, 2010
            LOL...Friday. I love the Army and its 4 day weekends.

            From: Russ Jernigan <waterweasel@...>
            Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 07:54:06 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
            To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
            Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brushy Creek caches