Geocaching.com Problems

  • bigguy9211116
    Message 1 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010
      Hey guys!

      Is it just me, or is there something going wrong at the Geocaching.com site? I have trouble logging in(I have to re-login each time I change screens) and when I do get thru, the screen is a bit different and info on my profile page is missing?

      I am having a bad day and a half (GSAK problems too). I wonder if it is bad karma after finding 10 dollars on the trail yesterday? You know, my good fortune was someone else's loss and now I am "paying" for it.

      I await your responses,
      THANKS!

      Esther/BGTx
    • semperquestio
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010
        First 2 things that come to mind are...

        Are you using IE6? If so, you need to upgrade or switch to Firefox. There are known issues with gc.com and IE6 and they are phasing out IE6 support.

        Do you restrict the use of cookies? If so you need to allow gc.com to use them.

        Anyone else?

      • bananapoo@stxga.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010
          I use IE7 at work (not by choice) and it is loading fine for me.

          Try upgrading to Firefox though. If it still doesn't work, you can rest assured that you are at least using a better browser. :)

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          Message 4 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010

            Gee, I'd say (re the $10) you're blessed. I only found 62 cents this week caching....

            I noticed Big Green was being squeamish about photo uploads yesterday (unless it really did go down four times for 'photo upload maintenance') -- figured it was post weekend volume. Haven't gone out there today.

            BarbJ/Tygress

            Is it just me, or is there something going wrong at the Geocaching.com site? I have trouble logging in(I have to re-login each time I change screens) and when I do get thru, the screen is a bit different and info on my profile page is missing?

            I am having a bad day and a half (GSAK problems too). I wonder if it is bad karma after finding 10 dollars on the trail yesterday? You know, my good fortune was someone else's loss and now I am "paying" for it.

            I await your responses,
            THANKS!

            Esther/BGTx

            <*> Your email settings:
               Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:

            Weight Loss Program
            Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!

          • Mrs. Captain Picard
            Message 5 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010
              I was with kangadrew once when he found a $50 bill!!!!!

              ....and if course I found Footnotes Coach, and that's better than hitting the lottery!

              Cheers,

              Message 6 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010

                brag, brag, brag....

                =wink=

                (BarbJ/Tygress)

                From: "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...>
                To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 14:09:41 -0500

                I was with kangadrew once when he found a $50 bill!!!!!

                ....and if course I found Footnotes Coach, and that's better than hitting the lottery!

                Cheers,

                Staples® - Weekly Ad
                Incredible deals at Staples! Buy 1 get 1 case paper and much more!!
                staples.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010
                  And I found a $5 at the same time . . . <G> (Julie was looking for the cache, Drew and I were looking for the cash!)

                  Russ the waterweasel

                     http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CentralTex asGeocachers/ join

                     CentralTexasGeocach ers-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                     CentralTexasGeocach ers-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

                     http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                  Weight Loss Program
                  Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!

                • Kevin (KoosKoos)

                    Message 9 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010
                      I'm having the same problem....
                      It's getting REALLY OLD....  having to keep logging in when I go to a new page...
                      Barry
                      aka Doc Geo

                      Message 10 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010

                        It’s not our fault … even though we’ve been trying to upload lots….. not getting very far with it L

                        Jeanne

                        Message 11 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010

                          Yeah, yeah... 'scuses 'scuses

                          =g=

                          BarbJ/Tygress

                          Message 12 of 17 , Mar 30, 2010

                            Ohhhh them’s fighting words!  Try uploading 107 new caches and having to log in all the time…. NO!!!!!!! Help me……

                            Hilton, Jeanne and John

                                        TheFoods

                                    70124513-06bd-46ee-a8b4-5c2a9af48960

                                  We're Crabby

                            Message 13 of 17 , Mar 31, 2010

                              Try entering a really nice log and having the system pull something like that... IE doesn't cache page contents. BAD words erupt. [I suggest you do your writeups outside Big Green/IE so they don't go poof while this current indigestion is going on.]

                              Anyway. Seriously. I feel your pain. I've noted for some months that Big Green has a short time-out/hang-up ... but sounds like a real glitch is going.

                              BarbJ "computers aren't always our friends" Tygress

[...]

                              Refinance Now 4.0% FIXED!
                              $160,000 Mortgage for $633/mo. Free. No Obligation. Get 4 Quotes!
                              Mortgage.LendGo.com
                            • Jim
                              Message 14 of 17 , Apr 3, 2010
                                Eloquently put!
                                "BAD words erupt."

                                Foil me once, shame on the machine. Foil me 5 more times, learn a new method.

                                If my log turns into something slightly longer than "TFTC" -- which is often, I've --twitch-- developed the --twitch-- habit of composing outside (read: email drafts folder) and CopyPaste-ing into the log.

                                Less loss that way... & fewer BAD words.
                                Jim/JforceAtx

                                Message 15 of 17 , Apr 3, 2010

                                  aye yup.... though I may go back to Google Chrome (had an OS upgrade, and have to be in 'the mood' to reinstall stuff) ... which, not only was/is faster, but cached page content. So poof wasn't gone forever. A new wireless antenna improved things, too.... my personal EM field seems to mess with wireless. =shrug=

                                  =smile=

                                  Keep on loggin' those longer logs!!!!!

                                  They don't have to be fancy (or versified, for that matter) to be entertaining.

                                  BarbJ "advocate for actual log content" Tygress

                                  Foil me once, shame on the machine. Foil me 5 more times, learn a new method.

                                  If my log turns into something slightly longer than "TFTC" -- which is often, I've --twitch-- developed the --twitch-- habit of composing outside (read: email drafts folder) and CopyPaste-ing into the log.

                                  Less loss that way... & fewer BAD words.
                                  Jim/JforceAtx

                                  > Try entering a really nice log and having the system pull something like that... IE doesn't cache page contents. BAD words erupt. [I suggest you do your writeups outside Big Green/IE so they don't go poof while this current indigestion is going on.]
                                  > Anyway. Seriously. I feel your pain. I've noted for some months that Big Green has a short time-out/hang-up ... but sounds like a real glitch is going.
                                  > BarbJ "computers aren't always our friends" Tygress
                                  >
                                  > From: "Hilton" <Hilton@...>
                                  > To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
                                  > Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Geocaching.com Problems
                                  > Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:22:34 -0500
                                  >

                                  > Ohhhh them's fighting words!  Try uploading 107 new caches and having to log in all the time…. NO!!!!!!! Help me……
                                  >

                                  > Hilton, Jeanne and John
                                  >             TheFoods
                                  >
                                  >       We're Crabby

                                  Refi - Low as 3.32% APR
                                  Homeowners: Refi before rates rise. $300k for $1,306/mo. No SSN req'd
                                  QuickMatch.LendingTree.com
                                • Jay Bingham
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Apr 3, 2010

                                    I second that notion.

                                    I enjoy readin’ the logs with actual content, so, though I can’t versify like Barb can, I try to put something worth sayin’ in my logs as well.

                                    Although if everyone did it, it would not be that special would it.

                                     ^

                                    \|/ Jay / BingOGT

                                    -+- Georgetown , TX USA

                                    /|\ “What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for.”

                                    --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "gumbietygress@ ..." <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

                                    > Try entering a really nice log and having the system pull something like
                                    that... IE doesn't cache page contents. BAD words erupt. [I suggest you do your writeups outside Big Green/IE so they don't go poof while this current indigestion is going on.]
                                    > Anyway. Seriously. I feel your pain. I've noted for some months that Big
                                    Green has a short time-out/hang- up ... but sounds like a real glitch is going.
                                    > BarbJ "computers aren't always our friends" Tygress
                                    >
                                    > From: "Hilton" <Hilton@...>
                                    > To: <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>
                                    > Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocac hers] Geocaching.com Problems
                                    > Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:22:34 -0500
                                    >

                                    > Ohhhh them's fighting words!  Try uploading 107 new caches and having
                                    to log in all the time…. NO!!!!!!! Help me……

                                    > Hilton, Jeanne and John

                                                TheFoods

                                    Message 17 of 17 , Apr 3, 2010

                                      *I* am willing to take that chance.... =grins=

                                      BarbJ "loggin' loggin' loggin', get those finders loggin'" Tygress

                                      Foil me once, shame on the machine. Foil me 5 more times, learn a new method.

                                      If my log turns into something slightly longer than "TFTC" -- which is often, I've --twitch-- developed the --twitch-- habit of composing outside (read: email drafts folder) and CopyPaste-ing into the log.

                                      Less loss that way... & fewer BAD words.
                                      Jim/JforceAtx

                                      --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "gumbietygress@ ..." <gumbietygress@ ...> wrote:

                                      > Try entering a really nice log and having the system pull something like that... IE doesn't cache page contents. BAD words erupt. [I suggest you do your writeups outside Big Green/IE so they don't go poof while this current indigestion is going on.]
                                      > Anyway. Seriously. I feel your pain. I've noted for some months that Big Green has a short time-out/hang- up ... but sounds like a real glitch is going.
                                      > BarbJ "computers aren't always our friends" Tygress
                                      >
                                      > From: "Hilton" <Hilton@...>
                                      > To: <CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com>
                                      > Subject: RE: [CentralTexasGeocac hers] Geocaching.com Problems
                                      > Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 18:22:34 -0500
                                      >

                                      > Ohhhh them's fighting words!  Try uploading 107 new caches and having to log in all the time…. NO!!!!!!! Help me……
                                      >

                                      > Hilton, Jeanne and John
                                      >             TheFoods
                                      >
                                      >       We're Crabby

                                      Penny Stock Jumping 2000%