What DNDJ Love About South Austin

  • banda_geocacher
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 23, 2010
      Looks like this cache, and the "Cathedral", may be in danger.

      http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=269793

      Brent
    • Mrs. Captain Picard
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
        OH NO!  I wonder how you bring a "Cathedral of Junk" up to code...........

        On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 12:51 AM, banda_geocacher <banda@...> wrote:

        Looks like this cache, and the "Cathedral", may be in danger.

        http://www.news8austin.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=269793

        Brent

      • Josh & Dani Whitaker
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 24, 2010
          Don't they know that it is these kinds of places that make Austin what it is? Remember our city motto....Keep Austin Weird. Doesn't this apply?

          Dani
          whit228 (still working on a new name)

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 25, 2010

            I just got back from the Cathedral, and it is a veritable beehive of activity. They're trying to get it in shape to pass a city inspection on Monday, and they need volunteers, donations of food and water for the volunteers, and money to pay a lawyer and architect. Volunteers are needed today, Friday, and Sunday (not Saturday because there's going to be a wedding there). I saw volunteers moving unstable junk to temporary staging areas, fastening things up, cleaning the ground, and pouring concrete. See http://www.savethejunk.org for information.

            The cache is there, hanging out in plain sight, and the container's color doesn't match the description. I met another geocacher there--but she just started a few days ago and didn't know there was one there.

            --Lee, "Suchmann"