Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] You gotta read this log! SCARY!

  • engelwaffen@suddenlink.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 10, 2010

      The Carrizo Springs Javelin"  this morning if it is current...might check again on Thursday/Friday.   The address apparently is just back in town less than a mile I figure.

      amishangel/don

      Local Man Arrested for Passing Counterfeit Money, Drug Charges and Alien Smuggling

           The Dimmit County Sheriff’s Office and the Carrizo Springs U.S. Border Patrol conducted a raid at 204 South 14th street on information provided by the Carrizo Springs U.S. Border patrol that the owner of the house was housing illegal aliens for transport.  The house was searched and eleven to twelve illegal aliens were discovered.  The investigation continued in the efforts of locating the owner and/or tenant of the house.  The owner and/or tenant of the home was located and identified as Everardo O. “Gordo” Aguilar from Carrizo Springs.
          As the investigation was being conducted by the Dimmit County Sheriff’s Office and the Carrizo Springs U.S. Border Patrol a twist to the investigation was revealed. It was discovered that Aguilar had just attempted to pass a one hundred dollar counterfeit bills at a local store and had paid another individual that he owed with counterfeit bills.
          Eight one hundred dollars bills were recovered, all having the same serial number: DB01312963A.
          Sheriff Joel Gonzales urges everyone and every business to check their currency and see if they have any hundred dollar bills with the same serial number (as shown above) and to immediately contact the Sheriff’s Office if they do.
          The Sheriff also said that the secret service has been contacted who arrived and is also assisting with the investigation and informed that these bills have been circulating all the way as far as Austin, Texas.
          The Sheriff also informed that a previous raid had been conducted at the same address by the Dimmit County Sheriff’s Office in attempts of finding stolen goods or narcotics that were believed to be housed.  No stolen goods were found but a large amount of marijuana was found inside one of the bedrooms and since then the Dimmit County Sheriff’s Office had been looking for Aguilar.  Aguilar was turned over to the U.S. Border Patrol in reference to the illegal aliens for processing and will be turned over shortly thereafter to the Dimmit County Sheriff’s Office where Aguilar will be officially be charged for the counterfeit currency and Possession of Marijuana.
          The Sheriff would like to thank the Carrizo Springs U.S. Border Patrol for their assistance.