Austin area PodCacher flash mob event? Here's an idea.

  • Lee D
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2010

      I haven't seen a "WWFM" event listed for Austin yet. Is anyone planning one? Realistically, I'm not going to be able to put one together this year, but Electric Water Boy sent me this fun idea that someone might have fun with:

      I wanted to find a great historical marker to reenact the story from.  Historical Marker Dinner Theater.  I don't remember the name of the cache I saw this marker at but I could easily find it again.  Anyway, this maker was at a cementary on the south end of Austin.  The cememtary was started when this group of people were staying overnight in the area.  Appently some teenage boy got sprayed by a skunk in the middle of the night.  He began to run around screaming.  The people thought he was a Comanche out to kill them so they killed him.  Oppps.  He was the first person in the cemetary.  Yes, sad story, but could you imagine a melodrama theater type reproduction?

      So I'm throwing it out there into the public domain. First come, first served!

      --Lee
      "Suchmann"

    • electric_water_boy
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2010
        The only major problem with this idea - What do you do if a funeral is going on? If ya'll want to do it knock yourselves out. I've got something up my sleeve for SA.

        --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lee D" <ldedear@...> wrote:

        > I haven't seen a "WWFM" event listed for Austin yet. Is anyone planning
        > one? Realistically, I'm not going to be able to put one together this
        > year, but Electric Water Boy sent me this fun idea that someone might
        > have fun with:
        >
        > I wanted to find a great historical marker to reenact the story from.
        > Historical Marker Dinner Theater. I don't remember the name of the
        > cache I saw this marker at but I could easily find it again. Anyway,
        > this maker was at a cementary on the south end of Austin. The cememtary
        > was started when this group of people were staying overnight in the
        > area. Appently some teenage boy got sprayed by a skunk in the middle of
        > the night. He began to run around screaming. The people thought he was
        > a Comanche out to kill them so they killed him. Oppps. He was the
        > first person in the cemetary. Yes, sad story, but could you imagine a
        > melodrama theater type reproduction?
        >
        > So I'm throwing it out there into the public domain. First come, first
        > served!
        >
        > --Lee
        > "Suchmann"

      • Indigo Parrish
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 2, 2010
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Lee D" <ldedear@...> wrote:

          > I haven't seen a "WWFM" event listed for Austin yet. Is anyone planning
          > one? Realistically, I'm not going to be able to put one together this
          > year, but Electric Water Boy sent me this fun idea that someone might
          > have fun with:

          Here's my idea for a flash mob:

          At the appointed time everyone lines up in one big line.
          Then every other person turns to the person to their left.
          Rock, Paper, Scissors ... SHOW.

          The winners all step two steps forward.
          Every other person turns to the person to their left.
          Rock, Paper, Scissors ... SHOW.

          Repeat until there is a single RPS Grand Champion.
          Then we all applaud them!
          Then we all disperse.

          -Keith (Indigo Parrish)