Re: Newbie and Clueless

  • Jim
    Message 1 of 23 , Mar 1, 2010
      I'm actually familiar with P-p-p-rofessor P-p-p-poopy P-p-p-pants because my kids had the book years ago. We had fun with the names back then. This in large part is why I've been anxious to get the whole family over to enjoy this cache. Getting the whole family anywhere to hunt a cache is a challenge. The other day I was merely scouting it out in anticipation of that, but spent countless minutes stealthingly acting like I was researching bark or something and wondering about feeling unworthy. Poopy. However, I digress.

      I checked the link you included, and had to chuckle - not because of my translated name, which is kinda lame, but because of the fact that I already voluntarily use at least 3 of those names for table reservations and such. Sometimes when I walk into the right joint, I'm greeted with "Oh, hi Spanky."

      Or Stinky, or Goober, or Doofus... Anything but George Bush, or Elvis, or Jim (my actual name).

      They love to call it out over the PA - or hate to call it out over the PA, which just adds to the fun.

      Years ago we were waiting for a table at restaurant X. They called "table for Jim" and 3 of us stood up. That's it, I thought, I'm never using my real name again. Now, there's no question. Fast forward to sometime well before the turn of the century. My sister comes in from out of town and drives to join us at the Oasis. Ever try to find someone at the Oasis? One thousand six hundred fifty seven different decks? Well, she walks up to the hostess, and meekly asks if by chance they might have a table in the... name... of... uh... stinky?

      She said when the hostesses stopped laughing, they pointed her right to us. It works! It makes people look at you funny, but it works!

      Message 2 of 23 , Mar 1, 2010

        We use Wolfe (with an e) ... Jernigan gives 'em conniptions.

        Stinky, eh? Careful, sometimes thing STICK!

        BarbJ/Tygress

        I'm actually familiar with P-p-p-rofessor P-p-p-poopy P-p-p-pants because my kids had the book years ago.  We had fun with the names back then.  This in large part is why I've been anxious to get the whole family over to enjoy this cache.  Getting the whole family anywhere to hunt a cache is a challenge.  The other day I was merely scouting it out in anticipation of that, but spent countless minutes stealthingly acting like I was researching bark or something and wondering about feeling unworthy.  Poopy.  However, I digress.

        I checked the link you included, and had to chuckle - not because of my translated name, which is kinda lame, but because of the fact that I already voluntarily use at least 3 of those names for table reservations and such.  Sometimes when I walk into the right joint, I'm greeted with "Oh, hi Spanky."

        Or Stinky, or Goober, or Doofus...  Anything but George Bush, or Elvis, or Jim (my actual name).

        They love to call it out over the PA - or hate to call it out over the PA, which just adds to the fun.

        Years ago we were waiting for a table at restaurant X.  They called "table for Jim" and 3 of us stood up.  That's it, I thought, I'm never using my real name again.  Now, there's no question.  Fast forward to sometime well before the turn of the century.  My sister comes in from out of town and drives to join us at the Oasis.  Ever try to find someone at the Oasis?  One thousand six hundred fifty seven different decks?  Well, she walks up to the hostess, and meekly asks if by chance they might have a table in the... name... of... uh... stinky?

        She said when the hostesses stopped laughing, they pointed her right to us.  It works!  It makes people look at you funny, but it works!

        > Boobie Girdlebuns is based on the Captain Underpants name game ...
        > You can google Captain Underpants name or just go to http://www.tummyfluff.co.uk/games/newname.htm
        > Barb, Tygress LONG before Geocaching, J

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional