Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Suchmann Milestone!!!!!

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010
      Slow and steady gets the job done!  I know that some of those caches were found in some amazing places around the world, and that makes it extra cool!
      Congratulations!

      On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM, bigguy9211116 <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

      I just noticed that Suchmann reached his 1000 find at "Great Balls of Fire" over the weekend.

      Congrats!!!!!

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010
        What I like is the improvisation to create the photo. Well done using items presently on hand!

        Congrats Suchmann!!
        I must admit, I'm starting to wonder about that fourth digit....

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010

          Pssst -- GC1ZA0YGreat Flaming Ball of Cache (not Great Balls of Fire) -- and, yeah, GREAT picture!

          Me? I'm terrible about keeping my statistics in mind, so those milestones go zipping past! Oh, yeah!

          Again, great show!

          BarbJ/Tygress

          What I like is the improvisation to create the photo.  Well done using items presently on hand!

          Congrats Suchmann!!
          I must admit, I'm starting to wonder about that fourth digit....

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bigguy9211116" <bigguy9211116@...> wrote:

          > I just noticed that Suchmann reached his 1000 find at "Great Balls of Fire" over the weekend.
          >
          > Congrats!!!!!

          <*> Your email settings:
             Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
             (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:

          Nutrition

        • Lee Dedear
          Message 4 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010
            Thanks, everyone! It's been a long time coming: seven years to get to 1000. Now that's only one cache every 2 1/2 days--you couldn't call that a SERIOUS addiction, could you? Could you? (Denial, denial!)

            I'd like to thank the Academy, and all those cache hiders who made my milestone possible. And I'd really like to have a party, but March is completely out of the question. Since I'll be so busy in March, it might be April before I find #1001, and that would be a cool one to celebrate too. I'd like that one to be Boobie Girdlebuns because Julie holds a special place in my caching heart. Maybe a month is long enough to get that missing first redirector back in place (hint, hint).

            --Lee
            "Suchmann"

            Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!!! Congrats on your entry to the 4-digit club. Now you can call yourself a Serious(ly addicted) Cacher....

            BarbJ/Tygress

               http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CentralTex asGeocachers/ join
               (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
               CentralTexasGeocach ers-digest@ yahoogroups. com
               CentralTexasGeocach ers-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

               http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

            Get Free Email with Video Mail Video Chat!

          • Mrs. Captain Picard

                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 2, 2010

                  What it lacks in speed it makes up for in duration. =smile=

                  barbj/tygress

                  Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!!! Congrats on your entry to the 4-digit club. Now you can call yourself a Serious(ly addicted) Cacher....

                  BarbJ/Tygress

                  I just noticed that Suchmann reached his 1000 find at "Great Balls of Fire" over the weekend.

                  Congrats!!!! !

                  <*> Your email settings:
                     Individual Email | Traditional

                  <*> To change settings online go to:
                     http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/CentralTex asGeocachers/ join
                     (Yahoo! ID required)

                  <*> To change settings via email:
                     CentralTexasGeocach ers-digest@ yahoogroups. com
                     CentralTexasGeocach ers-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

                     http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                  Get Free Email with Video Mail Video Chat!

                  Home Improvement Projects
                  Do it right the first time. Click to find contractors to work on your home improvement project.

                • arnaud.geo
                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 3, 2010
                    Lee, congratulations! I think I am going at about the same speed! I just started a year later! :-) I like to think that we are gourmet cachers! Taking time to savour every bite... cache! :-)

                    Arnaud... SoaringEagle

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Lee Dedear <ldedear@...> wrote:

                    > Thanks, everyone! It's been a long time coming: seven years to get to 1000. Now that's only one cache every 2 1/2 days--you couldn't call that a SERIOUS addiction, could you? Could you? (Denial, denial!)
                    >
                    > I'd like to thank the Academy, and all those cache hiders who made my milestone possible. And I'd really like to have a party, but March is completely out of the question. Since I'll be so busy in March, it might be April before I find #1001, and that would be a cool one to celebrate too. I'd like that one to be Boobie Girdlebuns because Julie holds a special place in my caching heart. Maybe a month is long enough to get that missing first redirector back in place (hint, hint).
                    >
                    > --Lee
                    > "Suchmann"

                  • Matthew A
                    Message 9 of 16 , Mar 4, 2010
                      Welcome to the 1K milestone mark. I hope you found a memorable cache for such an number.

                      Matthew mda_taz