RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] San Antonio

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 25, 2003
      I just read the article and I have to agree. Someone at the San Antonio event was saying the article was worse then the tv spots. I definately disagree. After reading the paper I fell less like a criminal now  :)
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 26, 2003
        Too bad the three basic rules in the article didn't include:
        Ask permission before hiding the cache.

        Tom

        <wlind@a...> wrote:
        > I just read the article and I have to agree. Someone at the San
        Antonio
        > event was saying the article was worse then the tv spots. I
        definately
        > disagree. After reading the paper I fell less like a criminal
        now :)
      • Jackie
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 5, 2007
          Hello this is Bubbles (the Penguin) aka Jackie. I will be in San
          Antonio later this week to watch my son graduate from basic training.
          Hopefully I will get a little caching in as well. I was wondering if
          anyone could suggest some must do caches in the San Antonio area and or
          be will to be a phone a friend for hints if needed as my PDA just did a
          disappearing act. I will return the favor to anyone traveling in East
          Tennessee! Thanks in advance for your help!

          Happy Caching,
          Bubs
        • cybercat
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 6, 2007
            Hi, Jackie--send a message to Cybercat on GC.com. and I'll give you my phone number to use for help while you're here.  Also, a must do is Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Museum.
            Jana

            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
              Kim and I will be in San Antonio from Wed-Sun (15-19).  Wed. to Fri. AM we will be attending a marriage retreat hosted by my unit.  We will be staying thru Sunday morning. Wednesday night we are hanging out with my brother, Thursday night we will be caching the Riverwalk, but Friday night we want to hit a couple of night caches.  Any help on locating some?  (Ahem, Matt, Sarah, Kat, Tom)

              Saturday we plan to ride our bikes and cache along the Mission trail.  Anyone who would like to join us is welcome.  Just hit me up and we can coordinate the details.

              http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=549877554

              EngineerSFC@...

              Travis N Kim
              Daffy71 (formerly EngineerSFC) & Haliades

            • banda_geocacher
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                I think there are only 3 active night caches in SA right now. All are fun, but Shhhh, be very, very quiet!!! is awesome! Here's the list:
                http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=cc18aabc-f514-476e-a57d-3780f5d29463

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Travis Parker <tnk120499@...> wrote:

                > Kim and I will be in San Antonio from Wed-Sun (15-19). Wed. to Fri. AM we will
                > be attending a marriage retreat hosted by my unit. We will be staying thru
                > Sunday morning. Wednesday night we are hanging out with my brother, Thursday
                > night we will be caching the Riverwalk, but Friday night we want to hit a couple
                > of night caches. Any help on locating some? (Ahem, Matt, Sarah, Kat, Tom)
                >
                > Saturday we plan to ride our bikes and cache along the Mission trail. Anyone
                > who would like to join us is welcome. Just hit me up and we can coordinate the
                > details.
                >
                > http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=549877554
                >
                > EngineerSFC@...
                >
                > Travis N Kim
                > Daffy71 (formerly EngineerSFC) & Haliades

              • Jerry Sargent
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                  You can add one I just set up to that list. GC2E7V2

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                    Thanks! I had already added that one to my Texas list, but forgot to add it to my SA list. Looks like another fun one!

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Sargent" <jerry@...> wrote:

                    > You can add one I just set up to that list. GC2E7V2

                  • electric_water_boy
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                      That's the one I would recommend. Kid friendly. Nice final.

                      Hiking and Biking along the Misison Trail will keep you busy for a while.

                      If you haven't been to Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Museum - GO!

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

                      > I think there are only 3 active night caches in SA right now. All are fun, but Shhhh, be very, very quiet!!! is awesome! Here's the list:
                      > http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=cc18aabc-f514-476e-a57d-3780f5d29463
                      >
                      > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Travis Parker <tnk120499@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Kim and I will be in San Antonio from Wed-Sun (15-19). Wed. to Fri. AM we will
                      > > be attending a marriage retreat hosted by my unit. We will be staying thru
                      > > Sunday morning. Wednesday night we are hanging out with my brother, Thursday
                      > > night we will be caching the Riverwalk, but Friday night we want to hit a couple
                      > > of night caches. Any help on locating some? (Ahem, Matt, Sarah, Kat, Tom)
                      > >
                      > > Saturday we plan to ride our bikes and cache along the Mission trail. Anyone
                      > > who would like to join us is welcome. Just hit me up and we can coordinate the
                      > > details.
                      > >
                      > > http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=549877554
                      > >
                      > > EngineerSFC@
                      > >
                      > > Travis N Kim
                      > > Daffy71 (formerly EngineerSFC) & Haliades

                    • Mrs. Captain Picard