Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: BSA's "Get Into the Game" Geocaching Event

  • Dana Simmang
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 3, 2010
      Has this event not been published yet?

      Thanks,
      Dana
      aggiemd91
      (mom of a cub scout)

      theparksplace wrote:

      The event is GC23DAB and will occur on 20 February at 0900 at the Scout Office.

    • Esther Lopez
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 3, 2010
        It wasn't the last time I checked.

        But the Meet & greet before the Tx Challenge was just published. It is GC23KN2.

        The event is GC23DAB and will occur on 20 February at 0900 at the Scout Office.

      • theparksplace
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 5, 2010
          It is published now. It's my first attempt at a "hide" and I kept clicking (and unclicking) the little box trying to figure out which was right.

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 19, 2010
            I had to disable this event until I can get it rescheduled. I had something else come up that I can not get out of.

            If anyone is interested in attending this that was unable to come tomorrow, let me know so I can keep you informed when it gets rescheduled.

            Forrest

            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 19, 2010
              pksimmang and I would be interested (along with our cub scout).  We were unable to make tomorrow's meeting, but hopefully we can make the rescheduled event.

              Thanks,
              Dana
              aggiemd91

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 22, 2010
                Okay,

                After having to disable this one because I had conflict I could not get out of, I am going to try to have this one on this Thursday @1800. The event is GC23DAB.

                Right now I have 10 people that are going to try to come. It's a good start and we will be able to set some things in motion. I just want to let everyone know that we will be looking to get about 50 people or more for the actual event in October. We are going to talk about the parts of it at this event. We may or may not start planning the October event.

                The time may get pushed back to as late as 6:30 but I will be there at 6pm regardless. I am still waiting on confirmation from the Council guy that he can make it at 6pm.

                If you want to come, please log it on the cache page. I will e-mail anyone on the page if there are any changes (which I hope there won't be any more).

                theparksplace
              • theparksplace
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 23, 2010
                  Okay. This is the absolute last time I will be cahnging this event. This time it was an issue with the Alamo Area Council rep that can't make it. So here it is....

                  The new date for the planning meeting (GC23DAB) is 3 March 2010 at 6pm at the Scout Office. We will be done before 7:30pm. Anyone interested in helping out with the big Geocaching Scouting event in October should come. This is a rain or shine, life or....well, I guess if I'm dead I won't be able to come so....life or life event.

                  There will be more meetings later on as that event gets closer. We are going to need at least 50 cachers to help out with it. This meeting is simply to get the ball rolling. The intent is to get a good core of cachers/scouters that want to work on this and form a committee to manage the different parts.

                  Those of you in Austin, you may want to look into what your council is doing for the Get Into the Game event. Every council is suppoed to be doing something to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Scouting.

                  theparksplace