Any info on the 2010 Texas Challenge?

  • arnaud.geo
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2010
      According to the website http://www.texaschallenge2010.com/, the dates of the next Texas Challenge will be March 12th to March 14th.

      Does anybody have more information? Do you know what the format of the competition will be? Will the main day be the 13th?

      Thanks!

      Arnaud - SoaringEagle
    • Kevin (KoosKoos)
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2010
        West Texas hasn't put out a lot of information yet, but I bet it will
        be coming out later this month.

        I would assume the main day will still be Saturday to give people time
        to travel. They've indicated that they plan to use the regional
        competition format similar to years before '09. I know that they're
        creating a dedicated hide team, so I don't know if they'll ask regions
        to help hide any tokens or if the host team will take care of all of
        it.

        Whatever they ultimately create, I'm sure it will be a fantastic
        weekend to get together. I hope everyone plans to make the trek to
        San Angelo and participate in the biggest geocaching event in Texas!!!

        Kevin
        KoosKoos

        On 1/1/10, arnaud.geo <arnaud@...> wrote:
        > According to the website http://www.texaschallenge2010.com/, the dates of
        > the next Texas Challenge will be March 12th to March 14th.
        >
        > Does anybody have more information? Do you know what the format of the
        > competition will be? Will the main day be the 13th?
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Arnaud - SoaringEagle

      • stoneswivel
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 15, 2010
          Hello, and yes, I have some info. I've recently been asked to take over
          TC2010 planning, and I hope to have all the official details up in the
          next few days. TC2010 will be a full weekend of events, camaraderie,
          and, of course, the Challenge itself on Saturday. There will be on the
          order of 8 smileys available over the weekend.

          I'll post back here with a link when the Groundspeak page gets approved.
          And you can always message me if you have specific questions. Thanks.

          Stone
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "arnaud.geo" <arnaud@...>