Re: Any X caches available? Happy New Year

  • iris9
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 1, 2010
      Thanks.
      I have found many of those. However for the South Central Challenge they must be in Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, or Bandera counties.

      Lyni9
      Iris

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mike Detlefsen <detmik64@...> wrote:

      > I came up with 8 within 35-40 kms of Austin.
      >
      > Xanadu GC1K6TE (multi)
      > Xatu Pokemon GC1NF51
      > Xavier is not here GC1KWXV
      > Xbox GC1NX2H
      > X-ing Norman GC1XV2H
      > X marks the spot GC1J4JN
      > Xmas cache GC1K410
      > X Roads 1KFDE
      >
      > Mike
      >

      > iris9 wrote:
      > > I did a sort of my queries that I had already downloaded, but no X. The counties involved are so large and especially San Antonio has so many caches, that it would take many days of using the 5 queries allowed per day to get all caches in the areas. That is why I was asking if there is another method.
      > >
      > > I have been a premium member since I first heard of GSAK. The first 4+ months of caching was done without it! Then the wonderful Central Texas geocachers showed me the light!!
      > >
      > > Lyni9
      > > Iris
      > >
      > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mike Detlefsen <detmik64@> wrote:
      > >
      > >> There is if you use GSAK. Just do an alphabetical sort. If you don't
      > >> have GSAK, you should think about it, it's an indispensable geocaching tool.
      > >>
      > >> Mike

    • Mike Detlefsen
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 1, 2010
        There are caches outside of the Austin area?????? :-)

        Mike

        iris9 wrote:
        > Thanks.
        > I have found many of those. However for the South Central Challenge they must be in Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, or Bandera counties.
        >
        > Lyni9
        > Iris
        >
        > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Mike Detlefsen <detmik64@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I came up with 8 within 35-40 kms of Austin.
        >>
        >> Xanadu GC1K6TE (multi)
        >> Xatu Pokemon GC1NF51
        >> Xavier is not here GC1KWXV
        >> Xbox GC1NX2H
        >> X-ing Norman GC1XV2H
        >> X marks the spot GC1J4JN
        >> Xmas cache GC1K410
        >> X Roads 1KFDE
        >>
        >> Mike
        >>

        >> iris9 wrote:
        >>
        >>> I did a sort of my queries that I had already downloaded, but no X. The counties involved are so large and especially San Antonio has so many caches, that it would take many days of using the 5 queries allowed per day to get all caches in the areas. That is why I was asking if there is another method.
        >>>
        >>> I have been a premium member since I first heard of GSAK. The first 4+ months of caching was done without it! Then the wonderful Central Texas geocachers showed me the light!!
        >>>
        >>> Lyni9
        >>> Iris

      • bcfroma
        Message 3 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
          Lyni9 aka Iris,

          Check to see if any the of completers of the South Central ABC Challenge have bookmarked the caches they used for the challenge. All the X's on those lists that are still active are good to use.

          Happy New Year and Happy Caching,
          Backwards Charlie from Austin

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "iris9" <iris9@...> wrote:

          > Happy New Year everyone!!!
          >
          > We are looking at doing the South Central ABC Challenge in the San Antonio area. Does anyone know of a cache for the letter X that is still available?
          >
          > Is there some easy way to search for caches by their first letter?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Lyni9
          > Iris

        • iris9
          Message 4 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
            Hi Charlie,

            EVERYONE used X-mas Cache, which is not available now. When the same one was used by everyone, I got suspicious that there aren't any X caches in the area.

            Iris / Lyni9

            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "bcfroma" <cwortz@...> wrote:

            > Lyni9 aka Iris,
            >
            > Check to see if any the of completers of the South Central ABC Challenge have bookmarked the caches they used for the challenge. All the X's on those lists that are still active are good to use.
            >
            > Happy New Year and Happy Caching,
            > Backwards Charlie from Austin
            >
            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "iris9" <iris9@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Happy New Year everyone!!!
            > >
            > > We are looking at doing the South Central ABC Challenge in the San Antonio area. Does anyone know of a cache for the letter X that is still available?
            > >
            > > Is there some easy way to search for caches by their first letter?
            > >
            > > Thanks,
            > > Lyni9
            > > Iris

          • lignumaqua
            Message 5 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
              How about 'Xena and Gabriel's Letterbox Cache' GCQ7GB? It's in Comal county.

              Mike

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "iris9" <iris9@...> wrote:

              > Happy New Year everyone!!!
              >
              > We are looking at doing the South Central ABC Challenge in the San Antonio area. Does anyone know of a cache for the letter X that is still available?
              >
              > Is there some easy way to search for caches by their first letter?
              >
              > Thanks,
              > Lyni9
              > Iris

            • iris9
              Message 6 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
                Thanks Mike. That will work.

                Lyni9
                Iris

                --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "lignumaqua" <geocaching@...> wrote:

                > How about 'Xena and Gabriel's Letterbox Cache' GCQ7GB? It's in Comal county.
                >
                > Mike
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "iris9" <iris9@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Happy New Year everyone!!!
                > >
                > > We are looking at doing the South Central ABC Challenge in the San Antonio area. Does anyone know of a cache for the letter X that is still available?
                > >
                > > Is there some easy way to search for caches by their first letter?
                > >
                > > Thanks,
                > > Lyni9
                > > Iris

              • Cybercat
                Message 7 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
                  then somebody needs to put another one somewhere!!
                  EVERYONE used X-mas Cache, which is not available now. When the same one was used by everyone, I got suspicious that there aren't any X caches in the area.

                  Iris / Lyni9

                  --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "bcfroma" <cwortz@...> wrote:

                  > Lyni9 aka Iris,
                  >
                  > Check to see if any the of completers of the South Central ABC Challenge have bookmarked the caches they used for the challenge. All the X's on those lists that are still active are good to use.
                  >
                  > Happy New Year and Happy Caching,
                  > Backwards Charlie from Austin
                  >
                  > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "iris9" <iris9@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Happy New Year everyone!!!
                  > >
                  > > We are looking at doing the South Central ABC Challenge in the San Antonio area. Does anyone know of a cache for the letter X that is still available?
                  > >
                  > > Is there some easy way to search for caches by their first letter?
                  > >
                  > > Thanks,
                  > > Lyni9
                  > > Iris

                • Kay Barfield
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
                    I got some geos ready to go out. I ll get some X's out there tomarrow.

                    Axx

                    Parked in dianglenally in parrallel universes.

                    To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
                    From: cybercat@...
                    Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 17:28:40 -0600

                    then somebody needs to put another one somewhere!!
                    EVERYONE used X-mas Cache, which is not available now. When the same one was used by everyone, I got suspicious that there aren't any X caches in the area.

                    Iris / Lyni9

                    --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "bcfroma" <cwortz@...> wrote:

                    > Lyni9 aka Iris,
                    >
                    > Check to see if any the of completers of the South Central ABC Challenge have bookmarked the caches they used for the challenge. All the X's on those lists that are still active are good to use.
                    >
                    > Happy New Year and Happy Caching,
                    > Backwards Charlie from Austin
                    >
                    > --- In CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com, "iris9" <iris9@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Happy New Year everyone!!!
                    > >
                    > > We are looking at doing the South Central ABC Challenge in the San Antonio area. Does anyone know of a cache for the letter X that is still available?
                    > >
                    > > Is there some easy way to search for caches by their first letter?
                    > >
                    > > Thanks,
                    > > Lyni9
                    > > Iris

                  • Esther Lopez
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
                      Howdy!
                      I have one - X-ing Norman (GC1XV2H) in Williamson Co. near Hutto, Tx.

                    • xdeaf4lifex@att.blackberry.net
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jan 2, 2010
                        Hey Esther Lopez are u crazy

                        U woke me up with this

                        Try not do this again but find his email and email him

                        Thx

                        P.s. I have church

                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        From: Esther Lopez <bigguy9211116@...>