Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: Question about International Geocaching/GPS Usage Charges

  • Carlin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 23, 2009
      When I travelled out of the country with my iPhone, I took the chip out to disable the phone portion to avoid excessive fees.  The data portion still worked with Wi-Fi access, I could instant message for example and had I had Skype, I could probably have made calls.  That was with the original iPhone, but I expect the idea works with all the newer smart phones.  You might want to make sure about the airplane mode....I've heard so many unexpected charges with international travel.  Good luck and have a great time.

      Carlin