San Antonio

  • Candy Lind <candylind@email.com>
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 25 8:20 AM
      Here's a link to the article in the paper:
      http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?
      xla=saen&xlb=490&xlc=951065&xld=490

      I thought it was much more positive than the TV spots. And the
      turnout of "newbies" at the meeting was simply INCREDIBLE. I want to
      have a follow-up meeting in S.A. as soon as possible, to talk to all
      those newbies about geocaching etiquette, hints for newbies, "what I
      wish someone had told me when I started out", that kind of thing.

      Happy Trails,
      Candy
    • Mark Gessner
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 25 8:24 AM
        I didn't read anything negative out of that article... Sounds great.

        On Tuesday, February 25, 2003, at 10:20 AM, Candy Lind
        <candylind@...> wrote:

        > Here's a link to the article in the paper:
        > http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?
        > xla=saen&xlb=490&xlc=951065&xld=490
      • GPS Dude
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 25 8:26 AM
          Enclose your links in these <> and it should wrap the link
          http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?xla=saen&xlb=490&xlc=951065&xld=4
          90

          Scott Robuck
          N 30° 12.4'
          W 97° 50.4'

          "Trying is the first step towards failure."
          -- Homer Simpson

          Here's a link to the article in the paper:
          http://news.mysanantonio.com/story.cfm?
          xla=saen&xlb=490&xlc=951065&xld=490

          I thought it was much more positive than the TV spots. And the
          turnout of "newbies" at the meeting was simply INCREDIBLE. I want to
          have a follow-up meeting in S.A. as soon as possible, to talk to all
          those newbies about geocaching etiquette, hints for newbies, "what I
          wish someone had told me when I started out", that kind of thing.

          Happy Trails,
          Candy

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Wayne Lind
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 25 9:05 AM
            I just read the article and I have to agree. Someone at the San Antonio event was saying the article was worse then the tv spots. I definately disagree. After reading the paper I fell less like a criminal now  :)

          • tlane3of6 <tom_lane@mksinst.com>
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 26 8:23 PM
              Too bad the three basic rules in the article didn't include:
              Ask permission before hiding the cache.

              Tom

              <wlind@a...> wrote:
              > I just read the article and I have to agree. Someone at the San
              Antonio
              > event was saying the article was worse then the tv spots. I
              definately
              > disagree. After reading the paper I fell less like a criminal
              now :)
            • Jackie
              Message 6 of 13 , Aug 5, 2007
                Hello this is Bubbles (the Penguin) aka Jackie. I will be in San
                Antonio later this week to watch my son graduate from basic training.
                Hopefully I will get a little caching in as well. I was wondering if
                anyone could suggest some must do caches in the San Antonio area and or
                be will to be a phone a friend for hints if needed as my PDA just did a
                disappearing act. I will return the favor to anyone traveling in East
                Tennessee! Thanks in advance for your help!

                Happy Caching,
                Bubs
              • cybercat
                Message 7 of 13 , Aug 6, 2007
                  Hi, Jackie--send a message to Cybercat on GC.com. and I'll give you my phone number to use for help while you're here.  Also, a must do is Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Museum.
                  Jana

                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                    Kim and I will be in San Antonio from Wed-Sun (15-19).  Wed. to Fri. AM we will be attending a marriage retreat hosted by my unit.  We will be staying thru Sunday morning. Wednesday night we are hanging out with my brother, Thursday night we will be caching the Riverwalk, but Friday night we want to hit a couple of night caches.  Any help on locating some?  (Ahem, Matt, Sarah, Kat, Tom)

                    Saturday we plan to ride our bikes and cache along the Mission trail.  Anyone who would like to join us is welcome.  Just hit me up and we can coordinate the details.

                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=549877554

                    EngineerSFC@...

                    Travis N Kim
                    Daffy71 (formerly EngineerSFC) & Haliades

                  • banda_geocacher
                    Message 9 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                      I think there are only 3 active night caches in SA right now. All are fun, but Shhhh, be very, very quiet!!! is awesome! Here's the list:
                      http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=cc18aabc-f514-476e-a57d-3780f5d29463

                      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Travis Parker <tnk120499@...> wrote:

                      > Kim and I will be in San Antonio from Wed-Sun (15-19). Wed. to Fri. AM we will
                      > be attending a marriage retreat hosted by my unit. We will be staying thru
                      > Sunday morning. Wednesday night we are hanging out with my brother, Thursday
                      > night we will be caching the Riverwalk, but Friday night we want to hit a couple
                      > of night caches. Any help on locating some? (Ahem, Matt, Sarah, Kat, Tom)
                      >
                      > Saturday we plan to ride our bikes and cache along the Mission trail. Anyone
                      > who would like to join us is welcome. Just hit me up and we can coordinate the
                      > details.
                      >
                      > http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=549877554
                      >
                      > EngineerSFC@...
                      >
                      > Travis N Kim
                      > Daffy71 (formerly EngineerSFC) & Haliades

                    • Jerry Sargent
                      Message 10 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                        You can add one I just set up to that list. GC2E7V2

                        Message 11 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                          Thanks! I had already added that one to my Texas list, but forgot to add it to my SA list. Looks like another fun one!

                          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Sargent" <jerry@...> wrote:

                          > You can add one I just set up to that list. GC2E7V2

                        • electric_water_boy
                          Message 12 of 13 , Sep 12, 2010
                            That's the one I would recommend. Kid friendly. Nice final.

                            Hiking and Biking along the Misison Trail will keep you busy for a while.

                            If you haven't been to Barney Smith's Toilet Seat Museum - GO!

                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "banda_geocacher" <banda@...> wrote:

                            > I think there are only 3 active night caches in SA right now. All are fun, but Shhhh, be very, very quiet!!! is awesome! Here's the list:
                            > http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.aspx?guid=cc18aabc-f514-476e-a57d-3780f5d29463
                            >
                            > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, Travis Parker <tnk120499@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Kim and I will be in San Antonio from Wed-Sun (15-19). Wed. to Fri. AM we will
                            > > be attending a marriage retreat hosted by my unit. We will be staying thru
                            > > Sunday morning. Wednesday night we are hanging out with my brother, Thursday
                            > > night we will be caching the Riverwalk, but Friday night we want to hit a couple
                            > > of night caches. Any help on locating some? (Ahem, Matt, Sarah, Kat, Tom)
                            > >
                            > > Saturday we plan to ride our bikes and cache along the Mission trail. Anyone
                            > > who would like to join us is welcome. Just hit me up and we can coordinate the
                            > > details.
                            > >
                            > > http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=549877554
                            > >
                            > > EngineerSFC@
                            > >
                            > > Travis N Kim
                            > > Daffy71 (formerly EngineerSFC) & Haliades

                          • Mrs. Captain Picard