Excellent Points made on voting for favorites!!!

  • Tanya Phillips
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4 6:50 AM
      I agree with the comments so far! include Travis and surrounding
      counties like Hays and Williamson for sure or widen the radius to 30-
      40 miles. I don't think we need to include New Braunfels or San
      Antonio, but we may want to include San Marcos, they are pretty
      close, not that i have ever been there. Anyways Austin area is
      definitely Austin, Round Rock, Pflugerville, Lake Travis, Cedar
      Park, Leander, Westlake, Oak Hill, Dripping Springs (maybe) esp. if
      you want to include Pedernales.

      I definitely agree that since this is the first one, we include
      (this year only) ALL caches ever. Or at least open more catagories
      for older cache greats than "Hall of Fame". Next year we can say
      only that year. I also agree that we should wait till at least
      January and let people get creative this December, i know people who
      have awesome caches on the verge of going out and they need to be
      included for Mark's reasons stated. And come on this is for fun
      anyways, lets get some competitions together.

      WE have to add EVENT catagory for events like GeoPoker, etc. You
      could have short multi cache vs long multi caches. ie: 4 legs or
      less and 5+ legs. What about a "Most Lame Cache Ever" Booby Prize
      cache? Or "most likely to be Muggled"? or "most likely to destroy
      the environment being found"? Those could be interesting
      catagories, and maybe raise caching conscience. mmmmm?

      I agree to let the Best overall be any cache and not limit that one
      as one of the 2 only nominations.

      You may limit people to voting for only 2 caches in each catagory.
      If they are really "BEST" let them narrow it down.
      Okay, I gotta get to work, i will think more about it!
      Tanya