Re: Cache Awards - sample ballot open for comment

  • Alex Alexander
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "geo_texas_gal" <texas-
      gal@d...> wrote:
      > OK, I've put together a sample ballot - which I compiled by using
      > the LA ballot as a base, and tweaking to fit us. If y'all have any
      > comments or suggestions, let's discuss 'em on this list -

      Seems OK apart from the radius being too small. 25 or 30 miles so as
      to include Georgetown would be better.

      Alex (&Kim)
    • Grajek
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
        I agree with Mark on all points in case your wondering, care or just
        want to know. :-)

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
          As for the radius from the capitol, I would use either 25 or 35 miles but
          not 30, because 30 cuts right through both Bastrop and Pedernales parks.
          Limiting it to 25 miles cuts out Georgetown, San Marcos, Pedernales, and
          Bastrop which is fine by me. I agree with Mark that there are some great
          caches in Pedernales but I just don’t really consider that to be part of the
          "Austin Area". But, if you're going to include those, then make it 35
          miles, not 30.

          Thanks...

          Scott Robuck
          Team GeoDillo
          N 30° 12.4'
          W 97° 50.4'

          This email is an all natural product. The slight variations in
          spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and
          beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.