Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Hi! I'm new :)

  • Mike Detlefsen
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      cacheandtennis wrote:
      > Hi Everybody,
      >
      > I am new to the group and relatively new to geocaching (sp)(based on the number of finds most of you have)! I love to cache but never have anyone to go with (sad right?) I was hoping to find others who might be interested in searching for finds with me...or letting me tag along? I hope this doesn't seem too weird...I really am "normal", just looking for a caching buddy or two!! Thanks
      >

      > ------------------------------------

      I could use a caching buddy for some caches. Mostly I go alone, and I'd
      appreciate the company sometimes. Where in Austin are you located?

      Mike
      jmd65
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009

        Hi!

        Welcome to geocaching.  No, I don't think it is weird to look around for a cache buddy or two.  I've been known to contact cachers in places I travel to to see if they want to partner with a visitor.

        So, where in the area do you live?

        Best,

        Russ the waterweasel

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
          Just be warned that you may run across a nut job or two. CADrake made a similar post on the SA Yahoo group. She had something like 27 finds at the time. She ran into me, 1-Moore, and Nazcula1941. Now she has almost 1,800 finds. When did she run into us? About a year and a half ago... Did I say nut job or two? Maybe I should have said three...
        • Nancy Lee
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 3, 2009
            I'm in Waco and usually by myself.  I am a teacher so I have the summers off and lots of time on my hands then.
            Nanblocker(Nancy Lee)