Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Hi! I'm new :)

  • shawnolsen@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      Welcome!! I think you will find folks to tag along with here!!!

      Shawn/S6sputnik

      In a message dated 12/1/2009 7:44:27 P.M. Central Standard Time, cacheandtennis@... writes:

      Hi Everybody,

      I am new to the group and relatively new to geocaching (sp)(based on the number of finds most of you have)! I love to cache but never have anyone to go with (sad right?) I was hoping to find others who might be interested in searching for finds with me...or letting me tag along? I hope this doesn't seem too weird...I really am "normal", just looking for a caching buddy or two!! Thanks

    • Mike Detlefsen
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
        cacheandtennis wrote:
        > Hi Everybody,
        >
        > I am new to the group and relatively new to geocaching (sp)(based on the number of finds most of you have)! I love to cache but never have anyone to go with (sad right?) I was hoping to find others who might be interested in searching for finds with me...or letting me tag along? I hope this doesn't seem too weird...I really am "normal", just looking for a caching buddy or two!! Thanks
        >

        > ------------------------------------

        I could use a caching buddy for some caches. Mostly I go alone, and I'd
        appreciate the company sometimes. Where in Austin are you located?

        Mike
        jmd65
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009

          Hi!

          Welcome to geocaching.  No, I don't think it is weird to look around for a cache buddy or two.  I've been known to contact cachers in places I travel to to see if they want to partner with a visitor.

          So, where in the area do you live?

          Best,

          Russ the waterweasel

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
            Just be warned that you may run across a nut job or two. CADrake made a similar post on the SA Yahoo group. She had something like 27 finds at the time. She ran into me, 1-Moore, and Nazcula1941. Now she has almost 1,800 finds. When did she run into us? About a year and a half ago... Did I say nut job or two? Maybe I should have said three...
          • Nancy Lee
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2009
              I'm in Waco and usually by myself.  I am a teacher so I have the summers off and lots of time on my hands then.
              Nanblocker(Nancy Lee)