Hi! I'm new :)

  • cacheandtennis
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
      Hi Everybody,

      I am new to the group and relatively new to geocaching (sp)(based on the number of finds most of you have)! I love to cache but never have anyone to go with (sad right?) I was hoping to find others who might be interested in searching for finds with me...or letting me tag along? I hope this doesn't seem too weird...I really am "normal", just looking for a caching buddy or two!! Thanks
    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
        Hi, and welcome!
        First off, don't let the big numbers scare you off. Many of us have been doing this for a looooong time, and we all started at zero! You have come to the right place. I am sure you can find cachers who would love to share your company. I'll be happy to accompany you. Where in the area do you live.
        Wayne Lind
        AKA The Outlaw.
        Austin

      • shawnolsen@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
          Welcome!! I think you will find folks to tag along with here!!!

          Shawn/S6sputnik

          In a message dated 12/1/2009 7:44:27 P.M. Central Standard Time, cacheandtennis@... writes:

          Hi Everybody,

          I am new to the group and relatively new to geocaching (sp)(based on the number of finds most of you have)! I love to cache but never have anyone to go with (sad right?) I was hoping to find others who might be interested in searching for finds with me...or letting me tag along? I hope this doesn't seem too weird...I really am "normal", just looking for a caching buddy or two!! Thanks

        • Mike Detlefsen
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 1, 2009
            cacheandtennis wrote:
            > Hi Everybody,
            >
            > I am new to the group and relatively new to geocaching (sp)(based on the number of finds most of you have)! I love to cache but never have anyone to go with (sad right?) I was hoping to find others who might be interested in searching for finds with me...or letting me tag along? I hope this doesn't seem too weird...I really am "normal", just looking for a caching buddy or two!! Thanks
            >

            > ------------------------------------

            I could use a caching buddy for some caches. Mostly I go alone, and I'd
            appreciate the company sometimes. Where in Austin are you located?

            Mike
            jmd65
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009

              Hi!

              Welcome to geocaching.  No, I don't think it is weird to look around for a cache buddy or two.  I've been known to contact cachers in places I travel to to see if they want to partner with a visitor.

              So, where in the area do you live?

              Best,

              Russ the waterweasel

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 2, 2009
                Just be warned that you may run across a nut job or two. CADrake made a similar post on the SA Yahoo group. She had something like 27 finds at the time. She ran into me, 1-Moore, and Nazcula1941. Now she has almost 1,800 finds. When did she run into us? About a year and a half ago... Did I say nut job or two? Maybe I should have said three...
              • Nancy Lee
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 3, 2009
                  I'm in Waco and usually by myself.  I am a teacher so I have the summers off and lots of time on my hands then.
                  Nanblocker(Nancy Lee)