Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Romance in Hawaii!

  • Judy Fox
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
      That is great news! I hope you both will be very happy.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Nov 30, 2009, at 12:35 PM, "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

      Dear Friends,
      As Geocaching's most well known, perenially and tragically single, but looking, gal, I can't wait to share the news that the present I got on my 50th birthday in Hawaii was a proposal by the sweetest, most wonderful man in the world.  Yes, he's a geocacher!  He's known as Footnotes Coach from San Antonio, and we just couldn't be happier.

      I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did!  But it took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.  BigGuyinTexas pumped him for information about his marital status.  ACCLanMan helped me DNF the cache that forced us to call him for a hint.  Gadget Girl cheered me on when I needed it.  Cybercat geo-stalked him through his logs to figure out who and where he was caching (turns out his caching partner Pianoforte is a MAN not a woman, HA!)  but it was TheFoods in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me to get a geocache on his jetski.  He was pretty much a goner after that!

      We were going to wait to announce the news after we told our kids Saturday night, but the wonderful turnout at the event at noon convinced us to announce it there, and now I'm sharing it with the WORLD!

      BTW - Many people have asked if I'll change my game name to Mrs. Footnotes Coach.  NO WAY!!!!!!!  But in real life I'll become Mrs. Roger Crozier, and that will truly be the BIG TITLE I'll be proud to use.

      Thanks for all the lovely messages and love you've send our way!

      Cheers,

      Julie
      Mrs. Captain Picard (always)

    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
        Can you say Southeast Travis County park. I can think of the perfect cache for this!
        Many happy wishes to you and Roger.  And I like Esther's idea about a geocaching wedding shower.  You should take her up on it - you'll never be at a loss for a cache container again!

        Heather/Ronin' s Gal

        Message 3 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"
          <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

          > Dear Friends,
          > I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did!
          But it
          > took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.
          > but it was TheFoods
          > in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me
          to get
          > a geocache on his jetski. He was pretty much a goner after that!

          Hey -- I think that was one of my kayak caches (Selma Kayak)!
          I'm happy to have played a small part in this happy occasion.

          Congratulations Julie & Roger and happy trails together!

          -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
        • Terry Carter
          Message 4 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009

            In the words of Mater from Cars:
            Julie & Roger,
            Sittin' in a tree,
            K...I...S...S...sumpin'...sumpin'...G

            Maybe we can give Tygress a kick start:
            Julie & Roger,
            Sittin' in a cache,
            K...I...S...S...I...N...G
            First comes love,
            Then comes caching,
            Followed by a -

            Ok, that's where my talents fall off. Tygress take over.

            Congrats. We're all thrilled for you. Hope he can keep up with you.
            Terry/Uncle_Fluffy

            > I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did!
            But it
            > took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.
            > but it was TheFoods
            > in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me
            to get
            > a geocache on his jetski. He was pretty much a goner after that!

            Hey -- I think that was one of my kayak caches (Selma Kayak)!
            I'm happy to have played a small part in this happy occasion.

            Congratulations Julie & Roger and happy trails together!

            -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

            The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.