Romance in Hawaii!

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
      Dear Friends,
      As Geocaching's most well known, perenially and tragically single, but looking, gal, I can't wait to share the news that the present I got on my 50th birthday in Hawaii was a proposal by the sweetest, most wonderful man in the world.  Yes, he's a geocacher!  He's known as Footnotes Coach from San Antonio, and we just couldn't be happier.

      I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did!  But it took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.  BigGuyinTexas pumped him for information about his marital status.  ACCLanMan helped me DNF the cache that forced us to call him for a hint.  Gadget Girl cheered me on when I needed it.  Cybercat geo-stalked him through his logs to figure out who and where he was caching (turns out his caching partner Pianoforte is a MAN not a woman, HA!)  but it was TheFoods in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me to get a geocache on his jetski.  He was pretty much a goner after that!

      We were going to wait to announce the news after we told our kids Saturday night, but the wonderful turnout at the event at noon convinced us to announce it there, and now I'm sharing it with the WORLD!

      BTW - Many people have asked if I'll change my game name to Mrs. Footnotes Coach.  NO WAY!!!!!!!  But in real life I'll become Mrs. Roger Crozier, and that will truly be the BIG TITLE I'll be proud to use.

      Thanks for all the lovely messages and love you've send our way!

      Cheers,

      Julie
      Mrs. Captain Picard (always)

    • Lowell Dennis

        Message 3 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
          What an exciting story!! Many, many congrats!!

          Renee/zenfire (TeamKaos)

          ---- "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:
          > Dear Friends,
          > As Geocaching's most well known, perenially and tragically single, but
          > looking, gal, I can't wait to share the news that the present I got on my
          > 50th birthday in Hawaii was a proposal by the sweetest, most wonderful man
          > in the world. Yes, he's a geocacher! He's known as Footnotes Coach from
          > San Antonio, and we just couldn't be happier.
          >
          > I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did! But it
          > took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.
          > BigGuyinTexas pumped him for information about his marital status.
          > ACCLanMan helped me DNF the cache that forced us to call him for a hint.
          > Gadget Girl cheered me on when I needed it. Cybercat geo-stalked him
          > through his logs to figure out who and where he was caching (turns out his
          > caching partner Pianoforte is a MAN not a woman, HA!) but it was TheFoods
          > in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me to get
          > a geocache on his jetski. He was pretty much a goner after that!
          >
          > We were going to wait to announce the news after we told our kids Saturday
          > night, but the wonderful turnout at the event at noon convinced us to
          > announce it there, and now I'm sharing it with the WORLD!
          >
          > BTW - Many people have asked if I'll change my game name to Mrs. Footnotes
          > Coach. NO WAY!!!!!!! But in real life I'll become Mrs. Roger Crozier, and
          > that will truly be the BIG TITLE I'll be proud to use.
          >
          > Thanks for all the lovely messages and love you've send our way!
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Julie
          > Mrs. Captain Picard (always)
        • Dylan Mahan
          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
            I don't know how I'm supposed to feel about this, no more wedding themed caches, logs abouts being single... :) JK. Very happy for you. Dylan (Pyckle)

[...]

          • softscienceofficer
            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
              Congratulations! Wonderful news, and a wonderful story!

              Ed/SoftScienceOfficer

              > Dear Friends,
              > As Geocaching's most well known, perenially and tragically single, but
              > looking, gal, I can't wait to share the news that the present I got on my
              > 50th birthday in Hawaii was a proposal by the sweetest, most wonderful man
              > in the world. Yes, he's a geocacher! He's known as Footnotes Coach from
              > San Antonio, and we just couldn't be happier.
              >
              > I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did! But it
              > took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.
              > BigGuyinTexas pumped him for information about his marital status.
              > ACCLanMan helped me DNF the cache that forced us to call him for a hint.
              > Gadget Girl cheered me on when I needed it. Cybercat geo-stalked him
              > through his logs to figure out who and where he was caching (turns out his
              > caching partner Pianoforte is a MAN not a woman, HA!) but it was TheFoods
              > in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me to get
              > a geocache on his jetski. He was pretty much a goner after that!
              >
              > We were going to wait to announce the news after we told our kids Saturday
              > night, but the wonderful turnout at the event at noon convinced us to
              > announce it there, and now I'm sharing it with the WORLD!
              >
              > BTW - Many people have asked if I'll change my game name to Mrs. Footnotes
              > Coach. NO WAY!!!!!!! But in real life I'll become Mrs. Roger Crozier, and
              > that will truly be the BIG TITLE I'll be proud to use.
              >
              > Thanks for all the lovely messages and love you've send our way!
              >
              > Cheers,
              >
              > Julie
              > Mrs. Captain Picard (always)

            • Cheryl
              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                Congradulations from all the members of Team Tracker &Cpt Startrek.
                Cheryl, Jay, Jersie, Kyra, Cassie, Kellin & Trey

                Sent from my iPhone

[...]

              • Barbara Dukette
                Message 7 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                  Couldn't have happened to a nicer cacher! Congratulations Julie!
                  Barbara (GiGi and JoJo)

                  Message 8 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009

                    Most excellent indeed!  Best wishes to both you and Roger and I hope to dance at your 50th Anniversary!

                    Russ the waterweasel

                    Message 9 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009

                      Congratulations you two!  Cheers for the most happiness you can stand!!!  Now…. Who else needs a party???   LOL!!!!

                      Hilton, Jeanne and John

                                  TheFoods

                              70124513-06bd-46ee-a8b4-5c2a9af48960

                            We're Crabby

                        Message 11 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                          awwwwww (and huzzah!)
                          Barb/Tygress

                          On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 12:35:27 -0600 "Mrs. Captain Picard"
                          <mrscaptainpicard@...> writes:

[...]

                          @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                          There is only so much you can do -- but you have to do that much.
                          Garrison Keillor, News from Lake Woebegon 11/21/09
                          Doctorate Degrees Online
                          Boost your career with an online doctoral degree. Enroll today!
                          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=Ljy_g-B0aWp71_5-EzhWHwAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAALYYlT4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAyOQAAAAA=
                        • shawnolsen@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                             Great news, congratulations Julie & Roger

                            Shawn

                            Message 13 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                              Congratulations!  That's a great story.  Belated happy birthday also and sorry we missed the event on Saturday.

                              Dana
                              aggiemd91

                              Mrs. Captain Picard wrote:

[...]

                            • rudy vasquez
                              Message 14 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                                That is such a neat story. Congratulations and happy belated birthday! Sorry we didnt make it this weekend. Were very glad to hear the news and send our bestest wishes for lifelong love and caches.

                                Rudy and Robin/ TeamVasquez

[...]

                              • Rich and Di Michelson
                                Message 15 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                                  Julie!!!  Congratulations!!!

                                  I knew we should have gone to the event.  Sorry to have missed it.

                                  When is the big event, and where will you live afterwards?  Ok, I'm nosy, sorry.  But I still wanna know!

                                  --Di

[...]

                                • Heather Ford
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Nov 30, 2009
                                    Wow, that's the way to get your guy! :)

                                    Many happy wishes to you and Roger.  And I like Esther's idea about a geocaching wedding shower.  You should take her up on it - you'll never be at a loss for a cache container again!

                                    Heather/Ronin's Gal

[...]

                                  • electric_water_boy
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                                      What can be learned from this?

                                      1. Good things come to those who wait.

                                      2. A great team can make things happen.

                                      3. Remember that assumptions aren't facts (Pianoforte).

                                      4. Roger is a resource for jetski caching (and though he possibly doesn't know it yet, fishing).

                                      5. Jana is a stalker!!!

                                      Congrats!!!!!

                                      > Dear Friends,
                                      > As Geocaching's most well known, perenially and tragically single, but
                                      > looking, gal, I can't wait to share the news that the present I got on my
                                      > 50th birthday in Hawaii was a proposal by the sweetest, most wonderful man
                                      > in the world. Yes, he's a geocacher! He's known as Footnotes Coach from
                                      > San Antonio, and we just couldn't be happier.
                                      >
                                      > I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did! But it
                                      > took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.
                                      > BigGuyinTexas pumped him for information about his marital status.
                                      > ACCLanMan helped me DNF the cache that forced us to call him for a hint.
                                      > Gadget Girl cheered me on when I needed it. Cybercat geo-stalked him
                                      > through his logs to figure out who and where he was caching (turns out his
                                      > caching partner Pianoforte is a MAN not a woman, HA!) but it was TheFoods
                                      > in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me to get
                                      > a geocache on his jetski. He was pretty much a goner after that!
                                      >
                                      > We were going to wait to announce the news after we told our kids Saturday
                                      > night, but the wonderful turnout at the event at noon convinced us to
                                      > announce it there, and now I'm sharing it with the WORLD!
                                      >
                                      > BTW - Many people have asked if I'll change my game name to Mrs. Footnotes
                                      > Coach. NO WAY!!!!!!! But in real life I'll become Mrs. Roger Crozier, and
                                      > that will truly be the BIG TITLE I'll be proud to use.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks for all the lovely messages and love you've send our way!
                                      >
                                      > Cheers,
                                      >
                                      > Julie
                                      > Mrs. Captain Picard (always)

                                    • Judy Fox

                                        Message 19 of 21 , Dec 1, 2009
                                          Can you say Southeast Travis County park. I can think of the perfect cache for this!

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009
                                            --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Mrs. Captain Picard"
                                            <mrscaptainpicard@...> wrote:

                                            > Dear Friends,
                                            > I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did!
                                            But it
                                            > took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.
                                            > but it was TheFoods
                                            > in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me
                                            to get
                                            > a geocache on his jetski. He was pretty much a goner after that!

                                            Hey -- I think that was one of my kayak caches (Selma Kayak)!
                                            I'm happy to have played a small part in this happy occasion.

                                            Congratulations Julie & Roger and happy trails together!

                                            -Keith (Indigo Parrish)
                                          • Terry Carter
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Dec 2, 2009

                                              In the words of Mater from Cars:
                                              Julie & Roger,
                                              Sittin' in a tree,
                                              K...I...S...S...sumpin'...sumpin'...G

                                              Maybe we can give Tygress a kick start:
                                              Julie & Roger,
                                              Sittin' in a cache,
                                              K...I...S...S...I...N...G
                                              First comes love,
                                              Then comes caching,
                                              Followed by a -

                                              Ok, that's where my talents fall off. Tygress take over.

                                              Congrats. We're all thrilled for you. Hope he can keep up with you.
                                              Terry/Uncle_Fluffy

                                              > I always hoped I would find the geocacher of my dreams, and I did!
                                              But it
                                              > took several other geocachers helping along the way to make it happen.
                                              > but it was TheFoods
                                              > in San Antonio who threw the party where I coaxed him into taking me
                                              to get
                                              > a geocache on his jetski. He was pretty much a goner after that!

                                              Hey -- I think that was one of my kayak caches (Selma Kayak)!
                                              I'm happy to have played a small part in this happy occasion.

                                              Congratulations Julie & Roger and happy trails together!

                                              -Keith (Indigo Parrish)

                                              The information contained in this transmission may be confidential. Any disclosure, copying, or further distribution of confidential information is not permitted unless such privilege is explicitly granted in writing by Quantum Corporation. Furthermore, Quantum Corporation is not responsible for the proper and complete transmission of the substance of this communication or for any delay in its receipt.