RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Remember this game can be dangerous!

  • Hilton
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2009

      Well said Wayne!

      TheFoods

      From: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of gumbietygress
      Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 6:59 AM
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Remember this game can be dangerous!

      Indeed. And who hasn't fallen on their butt a long way from the cache.
      Very sad.
      For the entire community.

      On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 22:53:18 -0600 "Wayne Lind" <wlind@...>
      writes:

      In fact, this tragedy has many victims. The cacher who died is the most
      obvious of them, as well as his family, but the people who hid the cache
      feel terrible about it as well. I doubt it is ever the intent of any
      cacher to place a cache in a place where someone is likely to be hurt or
      killed, but accidents happen. As cachers, we make the decisions of
      whether to attempt or skip a cache, and the responsibility rests with us,
      but this won't stop the person who hid the cache from feeling devastated
      as well. Please keep the cacher and the hider and thier families in your
      thoughts and prayers.

      Wayne