Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Lone Star Cachers roster -- Privacy

  • Cindy and/or Jim
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
      Hi Scott,

      One thing I might do is delete the password info from the archives.  It might be worth posting the passwords occasionally, but then deleting them each time.  That way, someone who stumbles on it can't access it.

      Cindy

      At 08:14 PM 12/1/2003, you wrote:
      Hello cachers…

      Shelly Pain had a good idea about putting together a roster of current Austin geocachers. This would be helpful when organizing events, calling for hints on a cache, and getting to know each other a little better.  Apparently not many of you responded. I asked her for the info that was submitted and she sent me info for 5 cachers.  So….I went though all my old email and “harvested” out what info I could and posted it here: http://geocachers.robuck.net

      Now before you get your panties in a wad over privacy, I have posted your info in a manner that will protect it from getting harvested by SPAMmers and anyone else not “in the know”.  You will need to use a username (seethe) and password (list) to access this info.  It is also posted as an Adobe Acrobat 5 document, so you’ll need the latest version of Acrobat Reader to open it. The usernames and passwords will only be good for a week or so, and then the people who have emailed me their updated information will receive a new username and password for a list of all the updated information. If your username is not on the list, please submit me all the info shown and I will add you to it.

      I posted the following fields (sorted by handle):

      Geocaching handle
      First Name
      Last Name
      Home Phone
      Mobile Phone
      Work Phone
      Home Coordinates
      Home Zip Code
      City or subdivision
      Phone-A-Friend (PAF)

      All of these should be self evident except PAF.  If you don’t mind a fellow cachers calling you when they might be in the field and need to “Phone-A-Friend”, then put YES here, otherwise, leave blank.

      If you do not want your info posted, please let me know and I will remove it.  Otherwise, please review the info I have posted for you to make sure it is complete and accurate.  Also, if you have info for some of the other cachers listed (or not listed), please forward that on to me as well.

      Finally, it’s been interesting plotting where all the Austin cachers live.  Surprisingly there are several groups of cachers who live within just a few blocks of each other and probably don’t even know it!  You can see the temporary Austin cachers map at http://www.robuck.net/geocaching/cachers_map.gif

      Thanks...

      Scott Robuck
      Team GeoDillo
      N 30° 12.4'
      W 97° 50.4'

      "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others"
      --  George Orwell, Animal Farm

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
      click here
      []