Re: Lone Star Cachers roster

  • Lou Catozzi
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2003
      Please remove my home phone number and then mark the PAF as yes for
      me. It's okay to call me during the day at work, in other words.

      Lou AKA
      TxHiPowr

      --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "Scott Robuck"
      <team_geodillo@r...> wrote:
      > Hello cachers…
      >

      > Shelly Pain had a good idea about putting together a roster of current
      > Austin geocachers. This would be helpful when organizing events,
      calling for
      > hints on a cache, and getting to know each other a little better.
      > Apparently not many of you responded. I asked her for the info that was
      > submitted and she sent me info for 5 cachers. So….I went though all
      my old
      > email and "harvested" out what info I could and posted it here:
      > http://geocachers.robuck.net <http://geocachers.robuck.net/>
      >

      > Now before you get your panties in a wad over privacy, I have posted
      your
      > info in a manner that will protect it from getting harvested by
      SPAMmers and
      > anyone else not "in the know". You will need to use a username
      (seethe) and
      > password (list) to access this info. It is also posted as an Adobe
      Acrobat
      > 5 document, so you'll need the latest version of Acrobat Reader to
      open it.
      > The usernames and passwords will only be good for a week or so, and
      then the
      > people who have emailed me their updated information will receive a new
      > username and password for a list of all the updated information. If your
      > username is not on the list, please submit me all the info shown and
      I will
      > add you to it.
      >

      > I posted the following fields (sorted by handle):
      >

      > Geocaching handle
      >
      > First Name
      >
      > Last Name
      >
      > Home Phone
      >
      > Mobile Phone
      >
      > Work Phone
      >
      > Home Coordinates
      >
      > Home Zip Code
      >
      > City or subdivision
      >
      > Phone-A-Friend (PAF)
      >

      > All of these should be self evident except PAF. If you don't mind a
      fellow
      > cachers calling you when they might be in the field and need to
      > "Phone-A-Friend", then put YES here, otherwise, leave blank.
      >

      > If you do not want your info posted, please let me know and I will
      remove
      > it. Otherwise, please review the info I have posted for you to make
      sure it
      > is complete and accurate. Also, if you have info for some of the other
      > cachers listed (or not listed), please forward that on to me as well.
      >

      > Finally, it's been interesting plotting where all the Austin cachers
      live.
      > Surprisingly there are several groups of cachers who live within
      just a few
      > blocks of each other and probably don't even know it! You can see the
      > temporary Austin cachers map at
      > http://www.robuck.net/geocaching/cachers_map.gif
      >

      > Thanks...
      >

      > Scott Robuck
      >
      > Team GeoDillo
      >
      > N 30° 12.4'
      >
      > W 97° 50.4'
      >

      > "All animals are created equal, but some are more equal than others"
      >
      > -- George Orwell, Animal Farm
    • Tom
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
        Geocaching handle: Don't have one, but open to
        suggestion. For now, call me Tom

        First Name: Tom

        Last Name: Harkness

        Home Phone: 512-990-0200

        Mobile Phone: 512-914-0402

        Work Phone: 512-442-6922

        Home Coordinates:MGRS 14RPU2894769950

        Home Zip Code: 78660

        City or subdivision: Pflugerville

        Phone-A-Friend (PAF)??

        I am a retired Army Combat Medic and I have been using
        the MGRS most of my life. I have been "geocaching"
        sence 1976... but only for escape and evasion, Fire
        and Manuver, and search and distroy. All this find
        and sign is new to me... but I like it!

        Tom

        http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
      • Cindy and/or Jim
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 2, 2003
          Hi Scott,

          One thing I might do is delete the password info from the archives.  It might be worth posting the passwords occasionally, but then deleting them each time.  That way, someone who stumbles on it can't access it.

          Cindy

          At 08:14 PM 12/1/2003, you wrote:
[...]

          click here
          []