Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Logging question

  • xdeaf4lifex@att.blackberry.net
    Message 1 of 21 , Nov 5, 2009
      Hello everyone I haf to say this

      I can not have fun till I have job

      If you anyone. Have or know job hiring imme or email me

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: "Mrs. Captain Picard" <mrscaptainpicard@...>
      Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 07:37:35 -0600
      To: <CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Logging question

      I'm adding my two cents by agreeing with what's been said.  This is just a game and there aren't any prizes, just fun to be had.  Your friends had the fun, they should log the cache!

      Cheers,

      On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Kevin (KoosKoos) <centexgeocaching@ gmail.com> wrote:

      I agree with Wayne...they were with you and found them, let them log online too.  Personally, I don't get too worked up about whether or not someone's name shows up in a physical log, but there are a few cache owners out there who are really sticklers about it.

      I'd suggest having them note it in their online log "Found this with Carlin1 and now logging it under our own account" just to keep anyone from raising an eyebrow.

      Kevin
      KoosKoos

      The beauty of this game is that there are no real rules. If they went to the cache, they should get credit for the finds. If you didn't at the time, you may want to go back into your logs and reflect that they were with you at the time, but didn't have a GC.Com ID, but my opinion is that they should be able to log their finds.
      Message 2 of 21 , Nov 5, 2009
        On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:37:01 -0600 "Carlin" <carlinlb@...> writes:

        Thanks for the input!

        My friend felt such logging would not be acceptable in (snooty...my word)
        northern California (I'm from SoCal, there is some history there).
        I assured my Northern California friends that the Central Texas
        Geocaching community was very wonderful and would respond exactly the way
        you all did :-)

        Thank you,
        I will forward your wonderfully accepting emails to them.

        Carlin/1Carlin

        @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@

        Where in "Northern California"? expatriates want to know.

        In general: Different areas play different... though I've yet to find
        Northern Cal (at least Marin County) cachers particularly snooty. Or
        particularly different from CenTex.
        There are sharp pickles in every bunch, of course -- there are Texas
        Cache owners who might get iffy, too.

        But most of us -- you having fun? Were you at the cache? Excellent!

        BarbJ/Tygress
        Liberty University Online
        Earn your bachelors degree in Criminal Justice online. Get free info!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=u6D5s-pCKT4G3dmFwmGM_wAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAAM93tD8AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABSGmQAAAAA=
      • Carlin

          Message 4 of 21 , Nov 5, 2009

            Where in Northern Calif?

            Russ the waterweasel

            now that's just crazy, why would it strip ... never mind (is it juno
            stupidity or a yahoo plot? either way, they don't seem to like each
            other). Anyway -- long short -- log 'em, I'd say. [long answer appended]

            On Wed, 4 Nov 2009 20:35:57 -0600 "Carlin" <carlinlb@yahoo. com> writes:

            Hey all,

            I have a question about late logging a find if you didn't sign the
            log.... This is how the story goes: My friends were visiting from
            California and I introduced them to Geocaching (of course). We went
            caching together, they found numerous hides without my help but didn't
            sign the logs since they weren't registered yet. Since then, they are
            addicted, no duh, and are now premium members! Okay, you see the
            question coming...what is the etiquette about logging those first finds,
            now that they are registered members? Do they need to come back to
            Austin and sign the logs, or, can they late log the finds??????? ?

            Thanks for your input,
            Carlin/1Carlin

            ------------ ------

            for MY caches, I'd say, let 'em log. But put IN the log: "Found with
            1Carlin when we didn't even have a handle!"
            And tell 'em to write up good logs to make up for their sin of omission!
            [A good log gets you a long way, I've found, with most cache owners.]

            After all, you made them do the finding, yes? =grins=

            BarbJ/Tygress
            Criminal Justice Degrees
            Start your criminal justice career. Earn your degree 100% online!
            http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ c?cp=_j26aQHnIJZ OJGLSZ02L- wAAJ1CzOeYfqppcC goUs_mWjB7KAAQAA AAFAAAAAN0ktD8AA AMlAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAQKAAAAAA=

            Message 5 of 21 , Nov 5, 2009

              Barb the Tygress and I have over a 100 finds in Marin.  If they live there, we might want to link up next time we visit . . .

              Russ the waterweasel

              Message 6 of 21 , Nov 6, 2009
                On Thu, 5 Nov 2009 09:32:47 -0600 "Carlin" <carlinlb@...> writes:

                My friends are in San Jose and San Rafael, Marin area. There are some
                really clever hides that I have found in Northern California that I plan
                on duplicating here. I am searching to find the right set up.

                Carlin/1Carlin

                @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@

                Coolness!
                We're debating having an event in the San Rafael area when we're up there
                between Christmas and New Years.
                Since we've found so many of the local caches.

                There are some fun ones!

                [Waterweasel was born in San Rafael ... and I was a Silicon Valley techie
                for a number of years, as well.]

                BarbJ/Tygress
                Compare Health Plans
                Compare quotes online and save money on health insurance.
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=T0iCwg5oIzEUEKakeOlnIQAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAALSH3j4AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAiWGQAAAAA=