My TxGCC Experience - Day 1

  • electric_water_boy
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2009
      CADrake and I started at Government Canyon. Got the FTF, which kind of surprised me as we didn't get there early by any means and there were a lot of cars in the parking lot. This one is pretty much a park and grab.

      Then we grabbed Cybercat's cache container from the office. This was for the cache that had to be archived to make room for the TxGCC cache. We had looked where it was hidden, and when we didn't find it we called CC and got the scoop.

      We then hit all the other caches in the park. All 3 of them. One was a PNG. The second would be a nice walk, but we took bikes. The third... The has 0.4 in and out was the most physically and mentally demanding cache of done because of the bike. Obviously I lived to tell about it. Fortunately no bumps, bruises, cuts, etc. No wreck. But I am a bit sore.

      Then we hit a few caches along the way to Guadalupe River State Park. We got there around 4:30. I figured it had been found. The ranger said a few people had been in. Got to the cache and saw that it been signed by one other person and his horse, and that the horse found the cache. Awesome horse!

      After that, we met up with the Foods for dinner. Had some imitation Yankee stuff called Scrapple. The imitation was good. Even after hearing what's in the real stuff I'm game to try it.

      Next Saturday - Buescher, Bastrop, and McKinney Falls. Yep, I want one of those coins too! Wonder where Bananapoo and ItsLoveInStereo will be headed?