Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] missing caches...

  • gumbietygress
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
      yeah, that's the critical problem as I see it.

      -B

      On Sun, 1 Nov 2009 07:35:24 -0600 "Wayne Lind" <wlind@...>
      writes:

      If they kept thier found caches in a database, they could run a new "All
      Finds" query, and overlay it on their current finds database using the
      "Set User Flag" and "Clear all flags" settings. After overlaying the
      file, the caches without the user flag set would be the ones that are
      currently not listed as finds. If you don't keep a found cache database,
      I am not sure how you could tell.
      From: gumbietygress <gumbietygress@...>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocachers] missing caches...
      To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 9:46 AM

      A friend of mine checked her profile a couple weeks ago and was sitting
      at 674 caches.
      Checked again a couple days later and was down at 634. 40 caches gone
      poof....

      Now, I don't think she tracks caches externally to big green like I do
      (it's all about the order, just never mind, you already know I'm
      weird).... which makes finding the oops tough. But do any of you techie
      folk have a suggestion? [I don't think she does pocket queries of all
      finds, either... but I'll ask.]
      And has anyone else had this problem?

      Thanks!

      BarbJ/Tygress

      @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
      You should play not because you want to be good, but because you need to
      make a sound. --Yo-Yo Ma
      2 Minute Consolidation Quote!
      Free online quote in 2 minutes. No credit check, no obligation!
      http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ c?cp=9f8ndKEM6Se
      HqKKkQfFjWgAAJ1C zOeYfqppcCgoUs_ mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAA AAAJsCUj8AAAMlAA
      AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB I2kAAAAAA=

      You should play not because you want to be good, but because you need to
      make a sound. --Yo-Yo Ma
      Top Bathroom Remodelers
      Get up to 4 free bathroom remodel estimates today. No obligation!
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=BmvGVImsS4c4kQVwjX-MXwAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAAOKlND8AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIYGAAAAAA=