RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] missing caches...

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
      If they kept thier found caches in a database, they could run a new "All Finds" query, and overlay it on their current finds database using the "Set User Flag" and "Clear all flags" settings. After overlaying the file, the caches without the user flag set would be the ones that are currently not listed as finds. If you don't keep a found cache database, I am not sure how you could tell.
      From: gumbietygress <gumbietygress@ juno.com>
      Subject: [CentralTexasGeocac hers] missing caches...
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 9:46 AM

      A friend of mine checked her profile a couple weeks ago and was sitting
      at 674 caches.
      Checked again a couple days later and was down at 634. 40 caches gone
      poof....

      Now, I don't think she tracks caches externally to big green like I do
      (it's all about the order, just never mind, you already know I'm
      weird).... which makes finding the oops tough. But do any of you techie
      folk have a suggestion? [I don't think she does pocket queries of all
      finds, either... but I'll ask.]
      And has anyone else had this problem?

      Thanks!

      BarbJ/Tygress

      @,.-:*'``'*: -.,@,.-:* '``'*:-., @
      You should play not because you want to be good, but because you need to
      make a sound. --Yo-Yo Ma
      2 Minute Consolidation Quote!
      Free online quote in 2 minutes. No credit check, no obligation!
      http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2141/ c?cp=9f8ndKEM6Se HqKKkQfFjWgAAJ1C zOeYfqppcCgoUs_ mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAA AAAJsCUj8AAAMlAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAB I2kAAAAAA=

    • gumbietygress
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2009
        yeah, that's the critical problem as I see it.

        -B

        From: gumbietygress <gumbietygress@...>
        To: CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Saturday, October 31, 2009, 9:46 AM

        You should play not because you want to be good, but because you need to
        make a sound. --Yo-Yo Ma
        Top Bathroom Remodelers
        Get up to 4 free bathroom remodel estimates today. No obligation!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=BmvGVImsS4c4kQVwjX-MXwAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAAOKlND8AAAMlAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIYGAAAAAA=