Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: TxGCC Coin

  • Mary Beth Booth
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 29, 2009
      The TPWD guy is very apologetic. I emailed him Tuesday night with a very polite email saying I thought they weren't going to be published until Noon on Sunday. He wrote back first thing Wed morning apologizing for the mistake. He takes full resposibility for screwing up. He figured disabling them and pulling the actual caches would give everyone a level playing field on Sunday. That's the best he can do - there's no undoing it once it's out there on the web. And of course, 2 of them didn't get published, so nobody could have finished it anyhow until Sunday. We know now why Government Canyon wasn't published. I wonder if it's the same problem at the other site.

      But the TPWD guy feels really bad that this trial run at doing these challenges is getting off to such a rocky start. So I agree - let's cut him a break.

      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-ssapphie)

      From: Cybercat <cybercat@gvtc. com>
      To: CentralTexasGeocach ers@yahoogroups. com
      Date: Thursday, October 29, 2009, 2:55 PM

      I got a frantic call from someone at Government Canyon park this morning wanting to know if I would archive my cache there.  They had put their Challenge cache too close to mine and GC wouldn't approve it.  LOL
      I archived it.  Wonder who is putting these out that doesn't know the distrance rules?
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 29, 2009
        I asked that cache be approved on a certain date recently and was told it couldn't be done.

        At least they were just disabled. You still have access to the coordinates to do your planning. I got an FTF on a cache recently that was "unpublished" after I logged my find. No one could get the coordinates. That was a weird thing. Someone had placed something like 3 caches, and all 3 were approved, and then the one became unapproved because the PR could verify that the owner could take care of the cache because home coordinates weren't given. I think I remember the name on the cache showing up slightly differently (I think it was so-n-so and another so-n-so with the names reversed). Regardless, it got unapproved for about a week. Whatever needed to get straightened out got taken care of and the cache is out and about. Point is - people make mistakes.