Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brushy Creek Lake

  • Traci Hoffmann
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
      I'll head over later today and snap few.

      Traci
      Hoffiesx7
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:21 PM, Pam Trefny <ptrefny@...> wrote:

      Ha ha! I got the camera in the phone....but no USB to the computer for it. How sad is that? Need to work on that....

      Pam/Aggievet

      Doc wrote:

      No pictures!  Come one peeps!  Someone must have a camera equipped cell phone with them...

      Barry
      aka Doc Geo

      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
        A couple weeks back after the first bout of rain, the lake was almost up to the fenced in area that houses the kayak rentals. The entire parking lot area down there was under water. I have no doubt that one of Indigo Parrish's caches was in the lake, as was Candy's. The good news is that the lake is doing it's job, keeping the water out of the houses downstream.
        I was out there after a previous rain.  A bridge near a cache was under water, to get to the cache I would have to cross water.  I wondered if THAT cache was still there.
        Sad for any lost caches, but, we so need this, and more, rain.
        There is a flood gauge by the levee, it goes way up high and I wondered what the lake would look like at that gauges high point!!! Yowsa!

        1Carlin/Carlin

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
          http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/100709kvue_park_flooding-cb.1f41805e9.html

          Eric / games0802