Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brushy Creek Lake

  • Dave Marquardt
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
      Went out to the end of the trail towards Great Oaks and the low water crossing to the Brushy Bend Park neighborhood on Sunday.  LOTS of water.  Also turned around in Brushy Creek North when I encountered water across the road on Great Oaks.  My sons and I wondered about the cache near the pedestrian bridge on the trail just west of Olson Meadows....

      -Dave
       davemarq

      On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Pam Trefny <ptrefny@...> wrote:

      Has anyone else seen the water level at Brushy Creek Lake and trail?
      Yowsa! Water is at the treetops and the trail going under Parmer is
      under just a few feet of water. I have a cache hidden out there,
      GC1QBK1, that may have floated away! Never considered the water getting
      that high when I hid it. Can't be sure til I can actually get down
      there. Posted a note on the cache page for now.

      But gotta love this rain!

      Pam/Aggievet

    • Doc
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
        No pictures!  Come one peeps!  Someone must have a camera equipped cell phone with them...

        Barry
        aka Doc Geo

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
          Yup!  I'm wondering about those caches on the lake too. They gotta be under water!

          shawnolsen@... wrote:

          Sounds like we need new difficulty ratings and scuba equipment?

          Shawn/S6sputnik

          My family went out there without me yesterday. The flood gauge was at
          15 ft. After the previous storm it was at 7ft. The new baseball
          fields are part of the lake! Amazing. I was wondering about a few of
          the caches over there that we have had the pleasure of
          finding..... ... :(

          Traci
          hoffiesx7

        • Pam Trefny
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
            Ha ha! I got the camera in the phone....but no USB to the computer for it. How sad is that? Need to work on that....

            Pam/Aggievet

            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
              I'll head over later today and snap few.

              Traci
              Hoffiesx7
              Sent from my iPhone

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                A couple weeks back after the first bout of rain, the lake was almost up to the fenced in area that houses the kayak rentals. The entire parking lot area down there was under water. I have no doubt that one of Indigo Parrish's caches was in the lake, as was Candy's. The good news is that the lake is doing it's job, keeping the water out of the houses downstream.
                I was out there after a previous rain.  A bridge near a cache was under water, to get to the cache I would have to cross water.  I wondered if THAT cache was still there.
                Sad for any lost caches, but, we so need this, and more, rain.
                There is a flood gauge by the levee, it goes way up high and I wondered what the lake would look like at that gauges high point!!! Yowsa!

                1Carlin/Carlin

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
                  http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/100709kvue_park_flooding-cb.1f41805e9.html

                  Eric / games0802