Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brushy Creek Lake

  • Traci Hoffmann
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
      My family went out there without me yesterday. The flood gauge was at
      15 ft. After the previous storm it was at 7ft. The new baseball
      fields are part of the lake! Amazing. I was wondering about a few of
      the caches over there that we have had the pleasure of
      finding........ :(

      Traci
      hoffiesx7
    • shawnolsen@aol.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
          Went out to the end of the trail towards Great Oaks and the low water crossing to the Brushy Bend Park neighborhood on Sunday.  LOTS of water.  Also turned around in Brushy Creek North when I encountered water across the road on Great Oaks.  My sons and I wondered about the cache near the pedestrian bridge on the trail just west of Olson Meadows....

          -Dave
           davemarq

          On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Pam Trefny <ptrefny@...> wrote:

          Has anyone else seen the water level at Brushy Creek Lake and trail?
          Yowsa! Water is at the treetops and the trail going under Parmer is
          under just a few feet of water. I have a cache hidden out there,
          GC1QBK1, that may have floated away! Never considered the water getting
          that high when I hid it. Can't be sure til I can actually get down
          there. Posted a note on the cache page for now.

          But gotta love this rain!

          Pam/Aggievet

        • Doc
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
            No pictures!  Come one peeps!  Someone must have a camera equipped cell phone with them...

            Barry
            aka Doc Geo

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                Ha ha! I got the camera in the phone....but no USB to the computer for it. How sad is that? Need to work on that....

                Pam/Aggievet

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                  I'll head over later today and snap few.

                  Traci
                  Hoffiesx7
                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                    A couple weeks back after the first bout of rain, the lake was almost up to the fenced in area that houses the kayak rentals. The entire parking lot area down there was under water. I have no doubt that one of Indigo Parrish's caches was in the lake, as was Candy's. The good news is that the lake is doing it's job, keeping the water out of the houses downstream.
                    I was out there after a previous rain.  A bridge near a cache was under water, to get to the cache I would have to cross water.  I wondered if THAT cache was still there.
                    Sad for any lost caches, but, we so need this, and more, rain.
                    There is a flood gauge by the levee, it goes way up high and I wondered what the lake would look like at that gauges high point!!! Yowsa!

                    1Carlin/Carlin

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009
                      http://www.kvue.com/news/local/stories/100709kvue_park_flooding-cb.1f41805e9.html

                      Eric / games0802