Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Brushy Creek Lake

  • Carlin
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
      I was out there after a previous rain.  A bridge near a cache was under water, to get to the cache I would have to cross water.  I wondered if THAT cache was still there.
      Sad for any lost caches, but, we so need this, and more, rain.
      There is a flood gauge by the levee, it goes way up high and I wondered what the lake would look like at that gauges high point!!! Yowsa!

      1Carlin/Carlin
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
        On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:46:44 -0500 Pam Trefny <ptrefny@...>
        writes:
        > Has anyone else seen the water level at Brushy Creek Lake and trail?
        >
        > Yowsa! Water is at the treetops and the trail going under Parmer is
        >
        > under just a few feet of water. I have a cache hidden out there,
        > GC1QBK1, that may have floated away! Never considered the water
        > getting
        > that high when I hid it. Can't be sure til I can actually get down
        >
        > there. Posted a note on the cache page for now.
        >
        > But gotta love this rain!
        >
        > Pam/Aggievet

        Now you know why Hairy, Man is chained.

        But gotta love the rain....

        BarbJ/Tygress

        Find Local Fan Pros
        Search for ceiling fan estimates here. Free service & no obligation!
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=48pCn0_kw84sKen8a4s15gAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAABsv3TwAAANSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIYEQAAAAA=
      • Traci Hoffmann
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
          My family went out there without me yesterday. The flood gauge was at
          15 ft. After the previous storm it was at 7ft. The new baseball
          fields are part of the lake! Amazing. I was wondering about a few of
          the caches over there that we have had the pleasure of
          finding........ :(

          Traci
          hoffiesx7
        • shawnolsen@aol.com

              Message 6 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                No pictures!  Come one peeps!  Someone must have a camera equipped cell phone with them...

                Barry
                aka Doc Geo

                  Message 8 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                    Ha ha! I got the camera in the phone....but no USB to the computer for it. How sad is that? Need to work on that....

                    Pam/Aggievet

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                      I'll head over later today and snap few.

                      Traci
                      Hoffiesx7
                      Sent from my iPhone

                        Message 11 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009