Re: members only caches

  • Candy Lind <candylind@email.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 24, 2003
      Wayne and I decided to pay at least one membership to support the
      website last year. It is obvious from the delays in access on Sunday
      nights that they could use an upgrade, and they can't do it for free.
      We think that the entertainment value we get out of geocaching is
      worth far more than $30 a year; heck, We pay about $35 every 8 weeks
      for Wayne to play softball! Wayne was a bit perturbed to find that a
      couple of the caches we did on our Christmas vacation were members-
      only because *I* am the member of record, not he! We're actually on
      the cusp of deciding that we'll ante up for us both this year.

      I am going to start a thread (if I don't find another one already
      there) on creating a "family membership" that gives couples and
      families a break price-wise. We log our finds separately, as do many
      other families, so I'm not sure how that affects traffic and storage
      on the website, but I would think there could be some kind of little
      price break for multiple "handles" in the same immediate family. If
      you think that's a good idea, go to groundspeak and let 'em know!

      Happy Trails,
      Candy