Brushy Creek Lake

  • Pam Trefny
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 6, 2009
      Has anyone else seen the water level at Brushy Creek Lake and trail?
      Yowsa! Water is at the treetops and the trail going under Parmer is
      under just a few feet of water. I have a cache hidden out there,
      GC1QBK1, that may have floated away! Never considered the water getting
      that high when I hid it. Can't be sure til I can actually get down
      there. Posted a note on the cache page for now.

      But gotta love this rain!

      Pam/Aggievet
    • Carlin
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
        I was out there after a previous rain.  A bridge near a cache was under water, to get to the cache I would have to cross water.  I wondered if THAT cache was still there.
        Sad for any lost caches, but, we so need this, and more, rain.
        There is a flood gauge by the levee, it goes way up high and I wondered what the lake would look like at that gauges high point!!! Yowsa!

        1Carlin/Carlin

        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
          On Tue, 06 Oct 2009 22:46:44 -0500 Pam Trefny <ptrefny@...>
          writes:
          > Has anyone else seen the water level at Brushy Creek Lake and trail?
          >
          > Yowsa! Water is at the treetops and the trail going under Parmer is
          >
          > under just a few feet of water. I have a cache hidden out there,
          > GC1QBK1, that may have floated away! Never considered the water
          > getting
          > that high when I hid it. Can't be sure til I can actually get down
          >
          > there. Posted a note on the cache page for now.
          >
          > But gotta love this rain!
          >
          > Pam/Aggievet

          Now you know why Hairy, Man is chained.

          But gotta love the rain....

          BarbJ/Tygress

          Find Local Fan Pros
          Search for ceiling fan estimates here. Free service & no obligation!
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=48pCn0_kw84sKen8a4s15gAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAABsv3TwAAANSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABIYEQAAAAA=
        • Traci Hoffmann
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
            My family went out there without me yesterday. The flood gauge was at
            15 ft. After the previous storm it was at 7ft. The new baseball
            fields are part of the lake! Amazing. I was wondering about a few of
            the caches over there that we have had the pleasure of
            finding........ :(

            Traci
            hoffiesx7
          • shawnolsen@aol.com

                Message 7 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                  No pictures!  Come one peeps!  Someone must have a camera equipped cell phone with them...

                  Barry
                  aka Doc Geo

                    Message 9 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                      Ha ha! I got the camera in the phone....but no USB to the computer for it. How sad is that? Need to work on that....

                      Pam/Aggievet

                      Message 10 of 12 , Oct 7, 2009
                        I'll head over later today and snap few.

                        Traci
                        Hoffiesx7
                        Sent from my iPhone

                          Message 12 of 12 , Oct 8, 2009