Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Just a new guy saying Hi

  • Mrs. Captain Picard
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi David!

      Welcome to our group!  We're a very friendly bunch, and we find that knowing who we're "playing" with makes it even that much more fun.  Look for an event coming up and join us.

      One of the best ways to jump in is to make sure we know who you are when you post so we can connect your name with your geocaching name.  So when we see the name David, we say, "oh, that's whatever your game name is."

      See you on the trail!

      Cheers,

      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:32 PM, neophoenix69 <neophoenix69@...> wrote:

      Just wanted to take a moment to say Hi to everyone out there. A friend of mind told me about geocaching and I have found a few and liking it. Looking forward to more finds and making some new friends!

      Smile daily, laugh often!

      David

    • neophoenix69
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 1, 2009
        Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the tip. (should have figured that one. duh. lol) I will be watching for the next event for sure!

        Smile daily, laugh often,
        David
        neophoenix69

        > Hi David!
        >
        > Welcome to our group! We're a very friendly bunch, and we find that knowing
        > who we're "playing" with makes it even that much more fun. Look for an
        > event coming up and join us.
        >
        > One of the best ways to jump in is to make sure we know who you are when you
        > post so we can connect your name with your geocaching name. So when we see
        > the name David, we say, "oh, that's whatever your game name is."
        >
        > See you on the trail!
        >
        > Cheers,
        > Julie
        > Mrs. Captain Picard
        >

        > On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 6:32 PM, neophoenix69 <neophoenix69@...> wrote:
        >

        > > Just wanted to take a moment to say Hi to everyone out there. A friend of
        > > mind told me about geocaching and I have found a few and liking it. Looking
        > > forward to more finds and making some new friends!
        > >
        > > Smile daily, laugh often!
        > >
        > > David

      • gumbietygress
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
          Welcome, David!
          We're a diverse and friendly group.
          Be sure to attend events when they come up!

          Is neophoenix69 the handle we should look for in the logs?

          Just don't catch fire as you burn up the trails (except in an allegorical
          sense) =wink!=

          BarbJ/Tygress

          On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:32:44 -0000 "neophoenix69"
          <neophoenix69@...> writes:
          > Just wanted to take a moment to say Hi to everyone out there. A
          > friend of mind told me about geocaching and I have found a few and
          > liking it. Looking forward to more finds and making some new
          > friends!
          >
          > Smile daily, laugh often!
          >
          > David

          Nothing like a little judicious levity. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
          Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFoYcquS6CikbXOV2PComjb4h3m21Kxa4b5l5k39AQnvdYZelxbV2/
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009

            Hi!

            Welcome to geocaching!

            Russ the waterweasel

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2009
              Yep its nepphoenix69. I have a hell of a time trying to sign the logbooks at the caches. LOL POOF! Thanks for the warm welcome eveyone!

              David
              neophoenix69

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2009
                Ask SEMIK how her name came to be...

                Also, on nano caches, feel free to abbreviate. Little in caching
                aggravates me more than someone taking up 2 inches (and more!) in an
                8-inch total log.
                On those, Waterweasel and I are TWW in very small print (I can sign that
                log in a quarter inch), it does the trick...

                But I digress.

                Again! many welcomes! see you in the logs!

                BarbJ/Tygress

                On Sat, 03 Oct 2009 02:08:10 -0000 "neophoenix69"
                <neophoenix69@...> writes:
                > Yep its nepphoenix69. I have a hell of a time trying to sign the
                > logbooks at the caches. LOL POOF! Thanks for the warm welcome
                > eveyone!
                >
                > David
                > neophoenix69
                >
                > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, gumbietygress
                > <gumbietygress@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Welcome, David!
                > > We're a diverse and friendly group.
                > > Be sure to attend events when they come up!
                > >
                > > Is neophoenix69 the handle we should look for in the logs?
                > >
                > > Just don't catch fire as you burn up the trails (except in an
                > allegorical
                > > sense) =wink!=
                > >
                > > BarbJ/Tygress
                > >
                > > On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:32:44 -0000 "neophoenix69"
                > > <neophoenix69@...> writes:
                > > > Just wanted to take a moment to say Hi to everyone out there. A
                >
                > > > friend of mind told me about geocaching and I have found a few
                > and
                > > > liking it. Looking forward to more finds and making some new
                > > > friends!
                > > >
                > > > Smile daily, laugh often!
                > > >
                > > > David

                > > @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
                > > Nothing like a little judicious levity. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
                > > Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!

                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFoYcquS6CikbXOV2PComjb
                4h3m21Kxa4b5l5k39AQnvdYZelxbV2/

                Nothing like a little judicious levity. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
                Best Weight Loss Program - Click Here!
                http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTFoYcTO0fBetmx6Qa1dmhlmk7lL3b2Wbe7EBtIB2xXtDvU2rftokA/
              • electric_water_boy
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 3, 2009
                  I quit signing Electric Water Boy on 99% of the logs a long time ago. EWB is sooo much easier.