Geocaching show tonight on PBS?

  • emmy_n_sapphie
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2009
      We saw on the TV schedule that there is a show called "Geocache" on PBS-2 (Cable 18) at 9pm tonight. Anyone know anything about it? I don't want to miss The Good Wife if the geocaching show is going to be lame.
      Mary Beth
      (emmy-n-sapphie)
    • gumbietygress
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 29, 2009

        On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 12:21:15 -0000 "emmy_n_sapphie" <emmy_n_sapphie@...> writes:
        > We saw on the TV schedule that there is a show called "Geocache"
        on
        > PBS-2 (Cable 18) at 9pm tonight. Anyone know anything about it? I
        > don't want to miss The Good Wife if the geocaching show is going to
        > be lame.
        > Mary Beth
        > (emmy-n-sapphie)

        Here's the blurb from their site ... our DVR is filled up for tonight, but we might nab that 1am replay

        GEOCACHE

        GEOCACHE looks at an emerging outdoor sport in which players employ multi-billion dollar global satellite positioning technology, the Internet and hiking skills on a high-tech but low-stakes treasure hunt to locate items hidden all over the world. GEOCACHE details the origins and rules of the game, the various types of caches - typically small, water-proof containers filled with a log book and trinkets -and the lengths players will go to in hiding and finding caches. The program spotlights the sport's zealous fan base, a quirky group of self-proclaimed techno-geeks, and visits GeoWoodstock IV, an international convention where players gather to socialize and geocache.

        Support programs like this

        Showtimes:

        Date

        Time

        Channel

        Reminder

        Today

        9:00 PM

        KLRU Q / 18-3

        Wednesday September 30th 2009

        1:00 AM

        KLRU Q / 18-3

        Wednesday September 30th 2009

        4:30 AM

        KLRU Q / 18-3

        Length: 00:26:46:00

        Rating:TV-G

        @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
        Nothing like a little judicious levity. -- Robert Louis Stevenson

        Drug Rehab Center
        Effective rehabilitation program. No waiting list call 1-877-782-7409

      • gumbietygress
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 29, 2009
          hmmm =reading discription closer= ... I knew I was quirky (I call it
          eccentric), but techo geek? bwahahaha!

          <emmy_n_sapphie@...> writes:
          > We saw on the TV schedule that there is a show called "Geocache" on
          > PBS-2 (Cable 18) at 9pm tonight. Anyone know anything about it? I
          > don't want to miss The Good Wife if the geocaching show is going to
          > be lame.
          > Mary Beth
          > (emmy-n-sapphie)

          Nothing like a little judicious levity. -- Robert Louis Stevenson
          Medical Billing Careers
          Click here for a Medical Billing Career. Get free info & Apply Today!
          http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=v82mVC8LCLpxI8wrWosXSwAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAAMpgsD8AAAMqAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABNldAAAAAA=