Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] WWFM VI in San Antonio idea

  • Barbara Dukette
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2009
      I think it's a great idea to post San Antonio events on this website.  I miss too many of your events, and too many opportunities to meet you nuts down in SA.
      GiGi and JoJo (Barbara) ;)

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009

        I, too, appreciate hearing about SA events, happenings, and interesting caches.

        Russ the waterweasel

[...]

      • cheryl_ann_1967
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
          Why don't you do the riverwalk another day and set up a Geekfest for after the WWFM?

          Cheryl / CADrake

          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

          > Wondering if there's going to be a WWFM VI event in Austin? If not, I'm thinking of having a second event the same day as WWFM VI. I've been wanting to doa Meet & Greet on the Riverwalk for breakfast, and then afterwards for $15 you can ride the river taxis all you want from one of the riverwalk to the other and hit all the cches along the way.
          >
          > As that would possibly mean a drive from Austin or where ever, breakfast, river taxi, lunch after WWFM VI, and a drive back, that gets to be a day for you guys where the money adds up.
          >
          > So, since I am going to do both one way or another, would you folks be interested in having them the same day or make it different days? If you're having a WWFM VI event I'll make it different days.

        • electric_water_boy
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
            If I did Geekfest and the WWFM the same day I'd do Geekfest in the morning as WWFM is at noon. Then all the geeks would have the afternoon to apply want they learned.

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
              No... Geekfest in the afternoon after WWFM so we are not rushed to get through or have to skip anything! Or, for people like me, we don't have to get up before the crack of noon :)

              Cheryl / CADrake

              --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@...> wrote:

              > If I did Geekfest and the WWFM the same day I'd do Geekfest in the morning as WWFM is at noon. Then all the geeks would have the afternoon to apply want they learned.
              >
              > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "cheryl_ann_1967" <cheryl_ann_1967@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Why don't you do the riverwalk another day and set up a Geekfest for after the WWFM?
              > >
              > > Cheryl / CADrake
              > >

              > > --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "electric_water_boy" <electric_water_boy@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Wondering if there's going to be a WWFM VI event in Austin? If not, I'm thinking of having a second event the same day as WWFM VI. I've been wanting to doa Meet & Greet on the Riverwalk for breakfast, and then afterwards for $15 you can ride the river taxis all you want from one of the riverwalk to the other and hit all the cches along the way.
              > > >
              > > > As that would possibly mean a drive from Austin or where ever, breakfast, river taxi, lunch after WWFM VI, and a drive back, that gets to be a day for you guys where the money adds up.
              > > >
              > > > So, since I am going to do both one way or another, would you folks be interested in having them the same day or make it different days? If you're having a WWFM VI event I'll make it different days.

            • Hilton
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009

                No…  Wait till we bet back from California for the Geekfest (please)

                Hilton, Jeanne and John

                            TheFoods

                        70124513-06bd-46ee-a8b4-5c2a9af48960

                      We're Crabby

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
                  We can have more then one if we can get The Outlaw and Moosiegirl to come down....

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
                    All you have to do to make them come is put out a few new caches and ring the cache bell. They'll come runnig!

                  • Wayne Lind
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 3, 2009
                      Do you have any idea how many puzzle solutions we charge per geekfest?   :)