RE: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Extra Smileys

  • Wayne Lind
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
      For the time being however, there are no guidelines for this. If a cache owner wants to give bonus smileys, they are welcome to do so. Cachers then have a choice whether to log bonus smileys. I have placed a couple of caches that have bonus smileys, all but one give you bonus smileys for taking a picture of yourself with a bag of trash you picked up near the cache site. To me this seems to be a good way to encourage folks to CITO. Again, just because bonus smileys are offered doesn't mean they have to be accepted. I have not logged a bonus smiley in several years, but I have no problem with those folks who do.
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
        As I've traveled around the US geocaching, I've found that every region has it's own "way" of playing.  In Central Texas, bonus smileys are a fun way we "play" with each other.  Feel free to log an offered bonus smiley if it makes geocaching more fun for YOU.

        Officially, there is nothing in the geocaching.com guidelines that says you can't, and their own website doesn't prevent it.

        Now, go out there and have FUN!

        Cheers,