The math guy in me had to post this.

  • Charley Atchley
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2009
      Need help calculating how cool you are, and you don't want to use the calculator on your gps?

      I collect these things and have about forty of them. I am glad someone has strated back making them.

    • Wayne Lind
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 5, 2009
        Two ATV's came along and pulled them from the mud, so they are out and caching again.

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 5, 2009
          Two ATV's came along and pulled them from the mud, so they are out and caching again.
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2009
            (stupid html) -- what I did say, and was stripped:
            YAY!

            On Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:51:53 -0500 Barb Jernigan <gumbietygress@...>
            writes:

            Two ATV's came along and pulled them from the mud, so they are out and
            caching again.
            Need help calculating how cool you are, and you don't want to use the
            calculator on your gps?

            I give you retro tech:
            http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/tools/be12/?cpg=101H

            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            The distance thought travels in a second is infinitely greater than the
            distance light travels in a year only it tends to spiral, so it gets
            nowhere fast.
            ---Brooke McEldowney

            Click for a wide selection of quality scales.

            @,.-:*'``'*:-.,@,.-:*'``'*:-.,@
            The distance thought travels in a second is infinitely greater than the
            distance light travels in a year only it tends to spiral, so it gets
            nowhere fast.
            ---Brooke McEldowney
            Compare Health Plans
            Compare quotes online and save money on health insurance.
            http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/c?cp=efDmLsO7g2Ti2bHK0G5RlQAAJ1CzOeYfqppcCgoUs_mWjB7KAAQAAAAFAAAAAIuZmj4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACJYZAAAAAA==
          • Doc
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 5, 2009
              Glad to hear they made it out.  I got stuck at GC1JBMX.  I thought I'd take the dirt road that parallels the good one.  BIG mistake.  I thought I was done.  I had some plywood in the back of my pickup and I used that.  I was able to rock the truck a little (I was so close to bottoming out) and get on tire on the plywood  but the other rear tire just spun in the mud.  I finally got it going and the truck just kept biting into the mud as I went from side to side.  I finally got the truck pointed toward the "good" road and ran down hill to the road and onto pavement.  But THEN, I had SOOOOO   much mud on the tires it was like trying drive on ice!  I slowly advanced down the road listening to all the mud kick off the tires and onto the wheel well (and as I later discovered, all over my mountain bike).

              I was able to finally get good traction, but it took 30-45 minutes out of my trip that I needed...  I had to give up on some caches before reaching Mother Neff SP due to bad light and my mini-maglight not being up to the task.

              I knew this was going to be a bad day when I was putting the pin in my trailer hitch for the bike rack and the tail gate which I had resting in a vertical position quickly came down into a horizontal position.  I now have a nice gooseegg bump on my upper left forehead....

              Maybe I should just turn around and go home....  NAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

              Barry
              akd Doc Geo