Re: [CentralTexasGeocachers] Re: law enforcement.

  • Bob Nussbaum
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 31, 2009
      Never been harassed in TX but made a trip last year to MN for a wedding. While staying at the grooms apt I decided I could sneak out for an hour to find a series of caches along their light rail system.
      Well, I was back at the home station where I left the closest for last. Im sitting out there for a good 30 minutes looking in the bushes near the train platform. And then things get nasty.
      This was the same weekend of the Republican National Convention and the police/security staging was right next door to the apt and the cops/troopers were walking the 3 blocks to the convention center.
      So im digging around the bushes mumbling and cursing for this stupid little container when I feel a tapping on my back. Scares the poo outta me! I get up and i see 5 of Minneapolis' finest surrounding me.
      I gave them the rundown of the game and I  dont think I did a good enough job of convincing them. Eventually they told me that I gotta get going for 'security reasons' (this cache has been there for a couple years, hardly a security concern). I begged for 10 more minutes to find this dadgum thing. They luckily granted 10 minutes while 2 officers stuck around to watch me.
      Never did find that cache, but at least I got a nice safe, secure escort back to the apt. Quite hilarious when I walk into the apt of the groom and I have two cops asking "do you know this guy?" to which my best friends answered "NO!"
      ...but thats a whole nother story.

      Bob Nussbaum
      imapylet