law enforcement.

  • Charley Atchley
    Message 1 of 40 , Aug 27, 2009
      Do you guys ever have problems with law enforcement? I don't know if I look particularly shifty or something, but the Bastrop county law keeps harassing me. The other day a deputy placed me in handcuffs and went through my pockets and car and then terrified my eleven year old son by trying to force him into telling the deputy what we were really up to. I started to tell him that I was just trying to get another case of poison ivy on my bum. ( The first chache I did I was so excited about finding one, I sat down and signed the log, when I stood up I looked at the place I had been sitting and it was covered with poison ivy.) ((They make a shot to get rid of p. i. now, and it will be gone in two days.))

    • Bob Nussbaum
      Message 40 of 40 , Aug 31, 2009
        Never been harassed in TX but made a trip last year to MN for a wedding. While staying at the grooms apt I decided I could sneak out for an hour to find a series of caches along their light rail system.
        Well, I was back at the home station where I left the closest for last. Im sitting out there for a good 30 minutes looking in the bushes near the train platform. And then things get nasty.
        This was the same weekend of the Republican National Convention and the police/security staging was right next door to the apt and the cops/troopers were walking the 3 blocks to the convention center.
        So im digging around the bushes mumbling and cursing for this stupid little container when I feel a tapping on my back. Scares the poo outta me! I get up and i see 5 of Minneapolis' finest surrounding me.
        I gave them the rundown of the game and I  dont think I did a good enough job of convincing them. Eventually they told me that I gotta get going for 'security reasons' (this cache has been there for a couple years, hardly a security concern). I begged for 10 more minutes to find this dadgum thing. They luckily granted 10 minutes while 2 officers stuck around to watch me.
        Never did find that cache, but at least I got a nice safe, secure escort back to the apt. Quite hilarious when I walk into the apt of the groom and I have two cops asking "do you know this guy?" to which my best friends answered "NO!"
        ...but thats a whole nother story.

        Bob Nussbaum
        imapylet