GSAK Macro

  • emmy_n_sapphie
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 19, 2009
      Is there a macro that will show a Google map of only the caches in a pocket query (like the Beat the Heat Series) but none of the other caches around those? I seem to recall that Mike created something like that, but I can't figure out which macro it is. Thanks.
      Mary Beth
      emmy_n_sapphie
    • Hilton
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 19, 2009

        Mary Beth,

        I don’t recall a macro but there is GoogleEarth Tweaker.  You just drag the zip or gpx file into the program and it creates a kml file for you.  We use it every time we go on a big hunt!  Here is the address to get it:

        http://www.itsth.com/en/download

        Hilton, Jeanne and John

                    TheFoods

                70124513-06bd-46ee-a8b4-5c2a9af48960

              We're Crabby

        Is there a macro that will show a Google map of only the caches in a pocket query (like the Beat the Heat Series) but none of the other caches around those? I seem to recall that Mike created something like that, but I can't figure out which macro it is. Thanks.
        Mary Beth
        emmy_n_sapphie

      • Bob Chernow
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 19, 2009
          --- In CentralTexasGeocachers@yahoogroups.com, "emmy_n_sapphie" <emmy_n_sapphie@...> wrote:

          > Is there a macro that will show a Google map of only the caches in a pocket query (like the Beat the Heat Series) but none of the other caches around those? I seem to recall that Mike created something like that, but I can't figure out which macro it is. Thanks.
          > Mary Beth
          > emmy_n_sapphie

          At least two ways to do it.

          1) Create a new database in GSAK with just that PQ and use the Google Maps with Clusters Macro that I think Lignumaqua wrote. It is on the GSAK forum.

          2) Use you regular gsak database but filter the data either based on the Last GPX date (assuming you only dl'd that PQ. Or filter based on the name Beat the heat, and then use the Google Map with Clusters macro.

          Bob
        • Mary Beth Booth
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 19, 2009
            Thanks for the suggestions. I will have to try Google Tweaker. Mike wrote back to me directly and said

            "Just filter the GSAK database down to the caches you want first. In this case enter 'Beat the' in the Cache name filter (General tab of the filter screen).

            Then run any of the Goggle mapping macros against that filtered database

            - myGMEV3 is the most versatile:

            http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=5477&view=findpost&p=33473

            Use the 'Current GSAK Grid' option in myGME."

            It worked like a charm.

            Mary Beth

            emmy-n-sapphie

            > Is there a macro that will show a Google map of only the caches in a pocket query (like the Beat the Heat Series) but none of the other caches around those? I seem to recall that Mike created something like that, but I can't figure out which macro it is. Thanks.
            > Mary Beth
            > emmy_n_sapphie

            At least two ways to do it.

            1) Create a new database in GSAK with just that PQ and use the Google Maps with Clusters Macro that I think Lignumaqua wrote. It is on the GSAK forum.

            2) Use you regular gsak database but filter the data either based on the Last GPX date (assuming you only dl'd that PQ. Or filter based on the name Beat the heat, and then use the Google Map with Clusters macro.

            Bob

          • Bill Ellis
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 1, 2014

              Just completed writing a new GSAK macro to help organize my databases a bit more:

              I have provided a link below to a description of it and if you think you could benefit from it download it and give it a try.

               (Basically it will organize caches by State into their own State databases)

              If you do give it a shot let me know how it went.
              http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=27310&st=0&#entry206035

              --
              ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
              Bill
              a.k.a ZionZR2
              512-789-1469
              <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
            • Bill Ellis
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 16, 2014
                Added a new feature to sort for Mexico and Canada

                On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Bill Ellis <zionzr2@...> wrote:

                Just completed writing a new GSAK macro to help organize my databases a bit more:

                I have provided a link below to a description of it and if you think you could benefit from it download it and give it a try.

                 (Basically it will organize caches by State into their own State databases)

                If you do give it a shot let me know how it went.
                http://gsak.net/board/index.php?showtopic=27310&st=0&#entry206035

                --
                ><> ><> ><> ><> ><>
                Bill